Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2021, 09:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fill WaterTank From Ciry Water Inlet?

'04 30' Minnie

Apparently, one can't fill their clean water tank using the City Water inlet? Or can you? I don't see any way, and I'm wondering why this is so? Alternatively, why is city Water street side and potable water curbside?

An i missing something here?
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think the city water is street side as that is the common placement for the hookups in RV sites. The fresh on curb-side might be done under the assumption that you'll fill up at home while parked in front of your house on the street. I don't know.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #3
Site Team

UPDATE: This comment is incorrect:

The city water fill is on the utility side of the RV. The other fill... the gravity fill... is on the opposite side and higher on the side of the RV.

Many (most?) Class A's and even some Class B Vans have a diverter knob and it's your choice to fill from the city water inlet or from the gravity fill.

When I had a travel trailer and when I had a Class C they were set up like your Minnie Winnie. The only way to fill the fresh tank on those was through the gravity fill.

PS. When the check valve on your water pump fails in the future THEN you'll be able to fill your fresh tank from the city water inlet - whether you want to or not.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

There should be a valve marked city water/water tank fill on bottom right corner where you hook up hose at campground per the owners manual.
Romer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #5
Site Team

I should have looked before posting that incorrect info I posted above about your 2004 Minnie Winnie.

There is a diverter valve right there on your utility panel (ignore the arrow - the diverter valve is to the right of the inlet):
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I should have looked before posting that incorrect info I posted above about your 2004 Minnie Winnie.

There is a diverter valve right there on your utility panel (ignore the arrow - the diverter valve is to the right of the inlet):
So, so easy to make mistakes!!
But we should all keep in mind that the only people making mistakes are the ones who are actually trying to do something!

I used to give the old boss the option of which way he wanted me to go, no mistakes and no work or go with me making a few mistakes!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

I don't have a panel or diverter valve like that anywhere on my rig. In a curbside cubby, all i have us a fresh water drain cock.

Hmmmm?
Old 07-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Your city water fill should be streetside. in the compartment just behind the rear wheels,
Old 07-23-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer1 View Post
Your city water fill should be streetside. in the compartment just behind the rear wheels,
Street side:

-city water female hose connect on side of the RV above wheels.

Curb side:

-Fresh Water fill spout behind small locked door forward of the cabin door.

- Drain clock inside cubby below

That's all i seem to have.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Where are your black and gray tank valves?
Old 07-23-2021, 03:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatt View Post
Street side:

-city water female hose connect on side of the RV above wheels.

Curb side:

-Fresh Water fill spout behind small locked door forward of the cabin door.

- Drain clock inside cubby below

That's all i seem to have.
I think we may be getting into some confusion of exactly which RV you have. Are you speaking of a trailer or an 04 Minnie Winnie which is a 30 Motorhome which definitely has different stuff?

Okay, back to basics and what you have is just the gravity fill only, assuming you've looked by now! So you stick the hose in the gravity fill and turn it on until water comes back out. Just like the older trailers we used to have.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:33 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I think we may be getting into some confusion of exactly which RV you have. Are you speaking of a trailer or an 04 Minnie Winnie which is a 30 Motorhome which definitely has different stuff?

Okay, back to basics and what you have is just the gravity fill only, assuming you've looked by now! So you stick the hose in the gravity fill and turn it on until water comes back out. Just like the older trailers we used to have.
I have the 30' MH. Ford chassis.

Right. I know how to gravity fill the fresh water. I just think it is a PITA to have to pull out of an rv spot, then go in the other way so that the park's water bib is on my curb side. I was wondering rhetorically why anyone would think that its clever to have water on both sides of the rv.

We are always filling the fresh water, and having on curbside is awkward. I thought maybe there was a crossover valve i didn't know about.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatt View Post
I have the 30' MH. Ford chassis.
We could help you more if you told us exactly what 30' MH you have.

You have a Class C, I can see from your photos. And you said you have a "2004 Minnie." So, is that a Minnie Winnie Class C? That's what I looked up and found that water panel photo.

What does your Operators Manual say it's for? How about the official ID Sticker - what's it say your model and model year are?

When looking online I found listings that described this model as a "Minnie" and as a "Minnie Winnie."

I found the 2004 Winnebago Minnie brochure there are two models over 30'
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 04Minniebro.pdf (2.91 MB, 59 views)
Old 07-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

What I'm seeing is that fits an 03 29 foot rather than the 04 30 foot, so we are having some trouble making the connections when we look at the info.

If you can give us the real model number, it might help to clear up some confusion about the how and why of what you have, since what you are describing and finding is not fitting the online drawings.

One of the major differences from 03 to 04 is the fresh water tank location is moved and that allows for a different gravity and pressure water fill.

These are two of the choices I'm finding:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04 copy.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	180292   Click image for larger version

Name:	03 copy.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	180293  

Old 07-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
We could help you more if you told us exactly what 30' MH you have.

You have a Class C, I can see from your photos. And you said you have a "2004 Minnie." So, is that a Minnie Winnie Class C? That's what I looked up and found that water panel photo.

What does your Operators Manual say it's for? How about the official ID Sticker - what's it say your model and model year are?

When looking online I found listings that described this model as a "Minnie" and as a "Minnie Winnie."

I found the 2004 Winnebago Minnie brochure there are two models over 30'
2004 Minnie Winnie Model 29K Class C MH Ford V10

My manual, covers a group of models from 29' to 32'. Shows no "valve" that is used to fill fresh water from city water. Just says stick a house in and fill.

I'm often wishing i could ask RV designers, "What were you thinking here?"

Keep in mind, in general, i rate this MH very highly for form, function and quality of build. But there are always minor things that seem careless.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Okay, we are getting down to closer to the correct Rv as that does show the fresh tank on the passenger side with the same gravity fill. What was messing with our info was the length which is normally thought of as 29 foot on a 29 K model.

why it was there is open to lots of guesses and perhaps one thing they found to make them change in later years was the fact that it was awkward and may have got lots of complaints!

One of the big things I try to stay aware of on searching for info is that Rv are constantly changing and even a small difference in the ID can make a big difference in what we find.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:36 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Pictures... speaks volumes and are always definitive.

I may look at my coach and say I don't have a diverter too because I don't see one like the picture but I do, and I have never thought of it as a diverter

I have single Fresh water intake valve that is simply labeled "Normal" and "Tank Fill". Presumably if I had Gravity fill and I don't.... (Not that I know of anyway) I would set the Fresh Water Intake Valve (aka diverter) on "Normal".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3650.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	180295  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #18
Site Team

The diverter should be set to normal all the time - except when you want to fill your fresh water tank.

If you have a gravity fill - and looking at your Operators Manual I don't think you do, it would be on the other side of your RV. There will be a small locking door that will open with the gray key that opens the lower compartment locks.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
The diverter should be set to normal all the time - except when you want to fill your fresh water tank.

If you have a gravity fill - and looking at your Operators Manual I don't think you do, it would be on the other side of your RV. There will be a small locking door that will open with the gray key that opens the lower compartment locks.
Correct. I just need to adapt and think of that valve in terms of a diverter. I only use to fill the fresh water tank, so 98% of the time it is on "Normal".

I don't have Gravity fill; so confirming you are correct there as well. If it would have been on the Passenger side (Curbside) I am glad I don't

90% of the time when I add water, I am home, and 50% of that time I am parked forward and the other half I have backed in. I just take the water hose to the fresh water inlet side makes no difference ( I got plenty of hose); so no gain that I see of having a Gravity fill, just more maintenance and something to be an eyesore.

I am only an RV owner for 20 months. But the more I learn about them; the more I see Winnebago as being [B]GREAT[/B]. Of course my view is only from my specific model, but I can't tell you how many times I learned that I had something that I needed; that I did know I needed, or didn't have something that I thought I wanted, but learned that I did not need (if that makes any sense)

I joined 3 forums before buying my Sunstar 29VE, and I will be honest; I was basically scared of every RV Mfg and expecting the worst.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:45 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Well, i must admit that i am traveling with a serious back injury, wherein any kind of BENDING OVER is super painful. I realize that my annoyance about filling from the curbside is all about dragging the heavy hose around and stooping. Normally, all that stuff is just part of the routine, but now it's all painful. Only the driving is comfortable, and the sleeping.

The wife, bless her heart, insists on having a full fresh water tank before going out for the day. It's certainly a prudent thing to do in hot desert climates like we're in now in Utah and Arizona. So my older Winnie doesn't have a diverter valve....... it's t the end of the world!

Tags
tank, water