Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

ERA macerator

My macerator pump is not turning on ( I just bought a 2009 ERA 170 Sprinter).Previous owner says never had trouble. fuse is OK. How do I get to the pump? The Sprinter is very low to the ground, can't really crawl under it
JacquesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
'21 View 24J

Jacques - We just moved into a Winnebago from a Roadtrek on a Sprinter, and have experienced the same problem. Really tough to get under a Class B...

I used to to elevate one side using leveling blocks, and squeeze in from there.

Macerator pump - We had the terminals corrode on the pump itself, and once the pump was out, was easy to fix. The pump itself comes apart easily, and the connections can be cleaned and repaired. Another option would be the switch in the coach - not sure where it is on an ERA, but might be worth checking that first before you get sliding around underneath.

The "no mess no fuss" aspect of a macerator system can't be beat (we just built a kit for our View), but when it fails it is pretty disappointing. We travel with a spare now, as finding a truck lift on the road is not too difficult, but finding a pump at short notice is tough.

Best of luck, Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Don View Post
Jacques - We just moved into a Winnebago from a Roadtrek on a Sprinter, and have experienced the same problem. Really tough to get under a Class B...

I used to to elevate one side using leveling blocks, and squeeze in from there.

Macerator pump - We had the terminals corrode on the pump itself, and once the pump was out, was easy to fix. The pump itself comes apart easily, and the connections can be cleaned and repaired. Another option would be the switch in the coach - not sure where it is on an ERA, but might be worth checking that first before you get sliding around underneath.

The "no mess no fuss" aspect of a macerator system can't be beat (we just built a kit for our View), but when it fails it is pretty disappointing. We travel with a spare now, as finding a truck lift on the road is not too difficult, but finding a pump at short notice is tough.

Best of luck, Cheers,
Thanks, Don.

I'm amazed you can find a truck stop that will let you use their lift. How do you sweet talk them into it? In civilized Canada perhaps. Here in US the "sue them" culture doesn't reward good Samaritans.
JacquesL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace