Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
Winnebago TT

Dual input black tank flush

Hi. I currently have a 2015 31RLSS TT and has the black tank flush installed. My question is...Can I add a second input to the system? If so, is there just a T that is involved or is a check valve also needed?

The reason I want to add it is because the existing input is in the back of the trailer which is to far away from the dump. I'm wanting to add the input just above the black/gray dump valves.
ScottLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
Site Team

I think that the black tank flush is more than a hose inlet. It has multiple spray nozzles. And yes there is a check valve built into the system as you do not want any black water coming out of that hose connection.

So, how are you thinking you could add another or move the existing Flack Tank flush hose connection?

I'd think you'd be better off to get a little bit longer hose for the black tank flush. You shouldn't use your fresh water hose for that process anyway. Always use a separate hose for the black tank flush.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
Winnebago TT

I'm wanting to add the additional inlet just for convenience.

My thoughts are to locate the inlet line from the back of the trailer running up to the anti siphon valve and place a "T" into that line. Then run an additional line to the new hose inlet on the side of the triler.

The other option is to divert the existing line from the back of the trailer to the side.
ScottLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
Site Team

Sounds like a ton of plumbing work. But, if that’s something you want to tackle....

You realize if that was easy or practical that WBGO would have designed it that way to begin with, right? They would usually take the easiest route.

I guess the black tank must be at the rear of the TT and that’s why the inlet is back there??
Old 12-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Why not use a hose from the existing tank flush up to the vicinity of the dump valves? Just use a hose that has a shutoff valve on the end near the dump valves. Sure you'll have to connect it each time you set up, but wouldn't it do the job and be a lot easier to set up?
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I used to have a motohome without a black tank flush and used this product for a few years. It worked well. Here's a link to the one I used plus another fancier version.

https://www.campingworld.com/rv-hydr...ree-14496.html
https://www.campingworld.com/flush-king-20522.html

I'm not pitching for Camping World here, it's just where I found the products.

Jon
moabdds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank