Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Draining Grey Water Tank on Access Premier 26QP

2011 Access Premier 26QP
The macerator pump which empties the grey water tank, pumping water to the Black water drain outlet moves the water very slowly. Probably at about the same volume at from a tap using the 12 volt pump. In order to drain a full tank it would probably take at least half an hour. I have checked for a blockage at the shut off valve and pulled the plug after the shut off valve and there is a full volume of water there. Also the macerator pump cant draw water until there is about 3 inches of water in the bottom the tank and the outlet pipe is full(pump is higher than the outlet). Winterizing instructions are to run some antifreeze into the tank and through the pump. Not sure how many gallons would have to go into the tank before it would do any good for the pump. Would be interested to know if anyone else has encountered the same issues. Havent had this unit long so still working out the bugs
Duffson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi. I'm checking to see if you found a solution for the greywater pump issue. I now have the same coach, with the same question. All I can think of is to run the pump until it stops (loses prime), then drain the rest out the drain plug into a 5 gal bucket.
Thanks
captainbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Gray water Drain

I have had no other replies to my post. The problem is taking so long at the dump station. Dont like keeping others waiting so long while I drain. Not even sure how long it would take to drain a full tank. I was going to check the hose from the pump to the black water drain to make sure there is no blockage. Havent got around to doing that yet. That would only effect the volume so still wouldnt solve the problem of getting a complete drain and totally emptying the tank. If I cant find a solution may be forced to putting a drain hose connection on the gray water tank. Means extra work but would speed up the process. I am surprised that my query generated no response. Had a Tiffin bus before the Winnebago and belonged to the Tiffin Forum and any posts there generated many immediate responses.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
VFW Post 8639 Okolona Ken

Hello

Must not have been anybody here at the time you asked the question. I have no idea what your rig has mine not like that sorry I can't help you Ronnie
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hello Tallmantwo

What year and model is your RV. Curious to know if the drain configuration is the same.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi Duffson

My reply was regarding winterizing - to pull the drainplug (beyond the shutoff), getting rid of the last bit of water. Then freshwater rinse, let that drain and call it good. Probably the hose at the pump would also need to be disconnected to make sure it is dry.
Still leaves us with the slow drainage issue. What about replumbing with a full size shutoff, elbow, coupling and cap - eliminating the pump altogether? Yes, it would require attaching the sewer hose to 2 places rather than 1, but it sure would be faster AND a complete draining instead of leaving some greywater in the tank to get nasty.

Ideas welcome...
Brad
captainbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
VFW Post 8639 Okolona Ken

We have a 2004 35U Adventure
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi Captainbrad
It seems to me that the macerator pump should be capable at pumping a greater volume of water, at least the volume of the hose leading from the pump to the black water drain. Has to be others out there with the same model, does everyone have the same pump performance or do we have a pump or some other problem. Would like to stay away from replumbing the grey water drain if I can. For winterizing I did the same as you, pulled the plug and drained the tank completely.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:13 PM   #9
2014 Access Premier 26QP

I hope you had gotten a reply to this. We have the same 26QP. The pump drains a full tank is a couple of minutes. I would guess the macerator pump is bad or there is a blockage.
jimgossett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 06:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 26QP 2013. Bought used recently. Prior owner bypassed the macerator pump by attaching a drain at the large pipe to the right of the T-joint to the macerator. A garden hose outlet was fitted to attach a hose to drain grey water at same time as black tank. Yes it takes longer but much better then macerator pump that does not work, then dead in the water. Or, as another said, re-plumb to get a full size valve.
rebound129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:14 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

That sounds like a faulty pump IMO.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water