Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Double to single sink conversion

2019 Mini 2606. Wanting to change kitchen sink to a single...anyone done this and found a sink that doesn't require extensive alterations to the counter top? Thanks
Gigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigman View Post
2019 Mini 2606. Wanting to change kitchen sink to a single...anyone done this and found a sink that doesn't require extensive alterations to the counter top? Thanks
Gigman,

I would say-stop now!

Unless you truly want a single, which my wife did.

We at same time chose to replace a water stained cabinet end. Sure WInn Industries can make a piece for a 9 year ok’d coach. Two tries and not. I’m now having a cabinet shop make it because Winn Industries say they no longer have the cad program to make it.
Then, to your question. We had to replace countertop because we couldn’t find one to cover all the opening. Now ours had a 24x15 main cut out but the issue was that at the center of cutout, at rear, they cut another 3.5” out for faucet. That was our problem.

We finally just tonight found a sink by kraus, model #KGD-420B. Look it up on overstock.com.

We’re preparing fir full time RV life so figure it’s worth the grief.

Good luck. Safe travels.
Bruce
Gentracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Gen, Wife would like a single sink, but not only is the counter top an issue, the redoing the drain lines has me backing off the project.
Gigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I don't understand wanting a single sink - how do you wash dishes? (I'm assuming no dishwasher in the RV). We wash in one sink and rinse in the other.
When cooking I can wash veggies and such in one sink, and put dirty cooking utensils in the other.
For me, it would be really annoying to have only one sink.