Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dewinterizing Minnie Winnie

Hey folks, we are new to RVing. This is our second season. First season we allowed the dealership to dewinterize the unit upon taking delivery. This year we decided to do you winterize our self. I have a question regarding those of you with newer Minnie Winnie products. Ours is a 2019 RL2606 When I turned on the red and blue valve to The hot water heater ( after flushing all lines throughout the camper and the outside shower) . We had water come out of the bottom drain stopcock underneath the camper. Is it possible that water retrograded through the water pump into the freshwater tank. We do not fill our freshwater tank as we use city water 100% of the time so our fresh tank was empty until I turned on the two water connections to the hot water heater. I called the dealership and they were stumped. Any of you guys out there dewinterizing this particular unit and what are your thoughts?
0hi0m0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It's been two days and you haven't gotten an answer but most of those water systems are generic and similar RV to RV so I thought I'd give it a shot even though I don't have that model...

Not likely water worked it's way back to the tank. There's a backflow preventer in the pump and often other places in the system. Plus the tank is usually higher than the pump. You can download Winnebago drawings that will show you the water system if you need a guide.

The yard crews at dealerships often put a quarter tank or so into the fresh tank so the salespeople can prove to potential buyers that the water system works. Could that have been the water that came out?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2015 Minnie 22R. Most all RVs have a low level drain. One on the hot and one on the cold water lines. Plus there's a drain for the fresh water tank. Location of these will vary according the model. As pointed out above the water system diagram should show where these are located. It's a good document to have as a reference. Same for the electrical system.

Part of winterizing is open those drains. From there it depends how the system was winterized. Some people only use these drains, others will blow compressed air through the system, I think most will pump RV antifreeze through the system. You did not say how it was done.

It is possible that the hot and/or cold drains was left open over the winter. Thus accounting for your observation. Make sure you know where all the drains are located and they are closed.

Report back what you find.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter