Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

City water inlet

I have a 2018, 2108DS, Micro Minnie; new to me. I noticed there are two city water inlets, one on each side of the trailer. Is this common to have two? I assume it is for convenience when tapping into city water at camp. Or is there another purpose I’m not thinking of?
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
I have a 2018, 2108DS, Micro Minnie; new to me. I noticed there are two city water inlets, one on each side of the trailer. Is this common to have two? I assume it is for convenience when tapping into city water at camp. Or is there another purpose I’m not thinking of?
Be careful. You have a black tank flush line, a freshwater fill line (for filling the freshwater tank), and a city water connection. You don't want to hook up to the black tank flush line by accident.

On my 2100BH, the black tank flush and freshwater fill are on the curb side. The city water connection is on the street side at the rear. Your unit may be different.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The city water connection is for using pressurized water from an outside source to directly pressurize the plumbing in your trailer and provide water. You'll want a pressure regulator to ensure you don't overpressure your plumbing.

The freshwater tank can be used to take water with you for camping. The water pump takes water from the tank to supply your various fixtures.

The black tank flush sends water to jets in the black tank to help wash the inside of the tank after you've dumped the tank (but with the dump valve still open). You do not want to accidentally overflow the black tank by hooking your hose up to this port by mistake.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Ok. Looking closer I see they are apparently inlets for my freshwater tank. One connection has threads for a hose to connect and the other side is a typical fresh water inlet. I originally assumed the connection with the threads was for city water but that connection is labeled the same as the inlet on the other side of the trailer. The two connections I am talking about both say, “ potable water only. Sanitize, flush, and drain tank before using.” I would send a picture of the labels and connection but do not know how to attach that here. .... i’m wondering if the city water inlet is miss labeled. But then I would have two city water inlets. Hope this makes sense, I’m getting more and more confused myself :-)
Old 02-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The one on the door side over the wheels is the fresh tank fill. The one above the exterior shower (left of cable connections) on the street side appears to be the city water connection. The one farther back and low down just above the tank dump valves appears to be the black tank flush. There are a couple of “walk around” introduction videos about your trailer on YouTube that might be useful.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I agree with the probability one of those inlets is for a holding tank rinse connection.

Once you know which is which, use a label maker or even a Sharpie to mark the inlets as appropriate. Did that myself when I installed rinsers for both holding tanks.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:43 PM   #7
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I think you have your answer from the above posts, but you can always look at the 3D drawings on Winnebago”s website to confirm and answer your questions.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

We can all thank Creativepart for finding that link last year!
Old 02-04-2021, 07:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the clarification and suggested links. I do understand what all those connections are for, so I am still wondering if the city water connection is missed labeled, giving me a warning of keeping my tank clean. Anyway, I will double check the resources. Thanks again for the input

Tags
water