Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

City water hookup not working

I have a 2004 Winnebago Journey 39k when I hookup the hose to city water it doesn't supply water to the bus. If I fill the fresh water tank and use the pump it work fine. Has anyone seen this?
jptcars09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Verify if there is a diverter valve at/near the water input that may be left in the fill position, rather than the normal use position?
Assuming no gush of water on the ground, so most winterize valves must be closed okay and the water heater bypass valves normally only cut the water flow through the tank, so that should not be the problem and the normal connection for pump or pressure water is only a tee connection, so not likely to be the problem.
See if that helps and report if trouble?

We can look more at the parts but your year is not as well done as after 2010.
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

By chance, does your water tank back fill when you hook up a fresh water hose to the inlet? If so it is probably the internal check valve on the pump that is letting the water back fill. You can usually buy a valve kit to fix, or replace the pump.

Also, even less likely there is usually a check valve that is part of the hose inlet rubber sealing ring that prevents water from exiting there when you are using the pump. Maybe it is blocked.

David

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

City Water Hookup not working

When I'm using the on board water pump everything work fine I get water to everything.

I can remove the water hose to the city water take the rubber gasket with the screen out and push the check valve in and the water come out very strong because the pressure is built up because of the on board pump. That shows me that the check valve is working.

But when I have the a water hose connected and the pump turned off there is no water going to anything, bathroom, kitchen, shower, etc. Not even to the outside shower.

I can even open the Water Line Drain Valve's in Water Center and no water drains out.

I ordered a winterizing connector to screw into the city water so I can apply air to see if it will get air inside the bus. Is that a good idea?
Old 05-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Low pressure air like under 40PSI should do no harm as the system is designed for higher water pressure than that. But if you have a hose that you can blow through when connected to the fill port, that little spring on the check valve is not hard to blow through and might tell you something.

If access to the pump on your RV is handy, there is a little strainer near the pump which might let you look for water flow to that point. Not likely a t stopped up strainer there is the problem as it filters the water going through the pump more than the pressure water but only a point to verify water gets to that point.

Since the pump is so much less pressure than city water, it is hard to spot where it would be blocked to do this!
Old 05-07-2021, 06:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

City water hookup not working

Morich

You were right, I put the winterizing hose that I ordered on the city water and blew threw it and I could hear something moving right there.

I took the panel off removed the connection for the city water and found the check valve was cocked in the line. I took the check valve out and the spring had came off. I tried to put it back together and it wouldn't stay. It is wore out.

I removed the check valve and the put the water hose back to the city water and it is working fine.

Thanks guys for all the help.

For my first post on the sight I'm impressed with the help I received.
Thanks again for the help.

Thanks
Tiger
Old 05-07-2021, 08:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Sounds good and should work fine with pressure water but do be aware that it will keep you from using the water pump when not connected.
The check valve is what keeps the pump pressure from just going out the water inlet when not connected to water.

This is a group who have served me well when looking for small parts and it has a number of different inlet valves which might fit what you need:
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/searc...+valve&Submit=

Tags
water