Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #1

Hello Everyone;

Not too long ago, there was a thread on how to eliminate black tank odors using a product called the RV 360 Rotating Vent, which "uses the wind to pull all the odors and gasses from the holding tank, out of the roof top vent away from your living space. Regardless of the wind direction or speed, the RV-360 works quietly and effectively to rid your RV of foul holding tank odors."

It costs approximately $35, plus shipping, but I haven't ordered one yet... I was at Wal-Mart last night and came across the Camco Cyclone RV Holding Tank Vent ($18, Camco has an extensive line of RV products available) and it appears to be a very similar product.

Has anyone here installed one? If so, did it work as advertised and how did the installation go?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #2

Hello Everyone;

Not too long ago, there was a thread on how to eliminate black tank odors using a product called the RV 360 Rotating Vent, which "uses the wind to pull all the odors and gasses from the holding tank, out of the roof top vent away from your living space. Regardless of the wind direction or speed, the RV-360 works quietly and effectively to rid your RV of foul holding tank odors."

It costs approximately $35, plus shipping, but I haven't ordered one yet... I was at Wal-Mart last night and came across the Camco Cyclone RV Holding Tank Vent ($18, Camco has an extensive line of RV products available) and it appears to be a very similar product.

Has anyone here installed one? If so, did it work as advertised and how did the installation go?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Richard,

Just installed two of the RV360 vents on my 03 39QD and they work great. Totally eliminated the odor I was getting while going down the road. They were a piece of cake to install which only required taking off the caps on the stack out pipes and putting the new vents on then drilling three small holes into the PVC for the mounting screws. I am not familiar with the Camco version but suspect they would mount in a similar fashion. The RV360 are 26.99 at CW.http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...26177&src=SRQB In either case, I would highly recommend them.
Hope this helps.

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #4

Thanks for Camping World link; they have a better price than the manufacturer.

Also, here is an installation video link from Camping World that makes it look like even I could install it.

http://rveducation101.com/videostream/?clip=360

Anyone here used the Camco instead of the RV 360?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Camco is great at emulating others products, I would suspect the only differance between the two is esthetics. I would go with the best price

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Richard I put one of these on before our Utah trip and it worked great. No more odors in the bathroom while we drove either. Install was easy, just had to unscrew and pop the old cap off and mount this one. I didn't use the fascia piece as the design of the setup on my Sightseer wouldn't accommodate it. Check prices at Wal-Mart too they have them in stock. I bought it on sale at Camping World so the price beat Wal-Marts at the time.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y-Guy:
Richard I put one of these on before our Utah trip and it worked great. No more odors in the bathroom while we drove either. Install was easy, just had to unscrew and pop the old cap off and mount this one. I didn't use the fascia piece as the design of the setup on my Sightseer wouldn't accommodate it. Check prices at Wal-Mart too they have them in stock. I bought it on sale at Camping World so the price beat Wal-Marts at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to all for the replies...

Y-Guy;

When you say you installed one, did you install the RV 360 version or the one from Camco?

I haven't looked at my existing vent cap on my MH, so when you installed the new vent cap on your Sightseer, did you simply remove only the top/end cap and then install the new vent cap? And did you have to use any caulking? Just want to get a good idea of what's involved before I climb up on the roof... I bought two, so I can change out both the black and grey tank vent caps.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi I fitted two earlier this year, just removed the original caps and dropped these on with a large helping of sikaflex.

I didn't find it very effective, as the air cannot get into the black tank anywhere else, it can't be sucked out of the vent.

I over came this by teeing into the basin waste and running a length of flexable hose into the sewage compartment, out through a hole in the side which is covered by the compartment doors but outside the rubber seal, so far it seems to work fine.

Olley
Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Richard, I installed the Cyclone vent - didn't feel the need to spend even more money. On my Sightseer the vent cap has a screw it in, once that was removed it popped off revealing a 2" black PVC pipe that is hidden by the white plastic surrounding that the cap was mounted to. Rather then remove the surrounding I just mounted the Cyclone right to the PVC. I used some caulking to seal the cyclone as recommended and the 3 screws as well. Install took me about 8 minutes. Hard part is getting up on the roof.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote