Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Broken black/grey tank discharge pipes

We hit a deer last night on our way back from camping. Fortunately, the only damage was to the black/grey tank discharge pipes. It appears that the grey water discharge pipe is 1 1/2" and the black water discharge pipe is 3". Can anyone confirm this? And, are these standard schedule 40 pipe/couplings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pipes.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	184648  
Meaux Jeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes they are standard ABS fittings. They make reamers to save the hubs but quite pricey, there are some cheaper versions called "socket savers" https://www.amazon.com/PlumBest-J443...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

If it were mine I'd try and cut back enough to start over. If you are stranded you could just put them together with Fernco fittings. If you start over with new you will have to visit the RV supply or Amazon for the bayonet ends, everything else is standard plumbing stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fernco.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	184649  
Old 11-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Looking again I see the hub from the wye broke off and is still glued to the 3" pipe. You might be able to just cut back behind that far enough to allow a coupling. a sub of pipe and a new wye, or carefully cut the broken hub off, sand the pipe and re-fit a new wye.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It broke right at the wye. Someone suggested I go ahead and refit the pipes with a couple of valterra valves below the coroplast and remove the t-handles before they inevitably fail. I think that's the direction I'm headed. Thanks!
Meaux Jeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank