Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Brand new Revel water system won't prime

Hi. I just purchased a Winnebago Revel. It is my first RV. I took it camping last week and was unable to get the water to prime. After filling the tank, I had some water coming out of the faucet, but then it went dry. So, I opened the owner manual and followed the instructions for priming, but nothing is working. The pump just runs, but no water comes out. I am hoping someone can walk me thru this before I have to book a service appt. My mind is kind of blown that this thing left the factory/dealership without having the plumbing verified to be working. Thanks.
robis1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Edit - I figured this out today. For some reason Winnebago made it so that you can only have running water with both the fore and aft pump switches activated. I cannot wrap my head around why they made a switch that is needed to be on 100% of the time for all parts of a system to work, but apparently the engineers thought it was a good idea. It might be time to update the owner manual because there is no mention of this in it.
robis1923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water