Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
whb
Winnebago Camper

I have a 03 Itasca suncruiser 38G. It has the flush system in the black water tank, can't get it to work.
Winnebage said the check valve is stuck. There is
no check valve in it. Any one had the same problem.

willeb

Workhorse
whb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
whb
Winnebago Camper

I have a 03 Itasca suncruiser 38G. It has the flush system in the black water tank, can't get it to work.
Winnebage said the check valve is stuck. There is
no check valve in it. Any one had the same problem.

willeb

Workhorse
Old 11-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

There has to be a check valve because if there wasn't when you unplug the flush hose everything would drain out.
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
whb
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago said there is a check valve on the back side of the hookup. Took line off no valve. As far
back as I can reach no valve.

willieb

Workhorse
Old 11-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Hey whb,
What happens when you say it doesn't work? Once a hose is connected to the flush line and you turn on the faucet of the water supply the water simply runs into the balck tank. The check valve is to keep fluid from running out of the tank. You can hear the water running into the tank. The check valve can be seen just inside the hose connection. Don't know if it could be installed backward however anything's possible I guess
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The check valve for the black water flush in our 05 Horizon and our 01 Adventurer we had before was under the bathroom sink. It's a brass object with two water lines coming into it, one on the bottom and one on the side of it. I think Winnebago mounts it there because it needs to be above the tank level.

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
whb
Winnebago Camper

No water is going to the tank at all. Took line
off at least two foot back of hose connection, no check valve.

willieb

Workhorse
Old 11-04-2005, 03:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

WHB, if no water is going into the tank, then SOMETHING has got to be blocking the water. Might check the undersink location for the check valve or call Winnie back and ask them where the check valve is.
I know if you have that feature you want it to work yet you can flush the tank by running water with a hose thru the commode, a wand made for that purpose or get a Flush King from CW, that works great too... Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:39 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

It could be a bad check valve or it could be a plugged nozzle. On my Bus I wanted a higher flow rate in my nozzle so I removed it and drilled it out. When I did that I found a bunch of hardened "stuff" inside there that needed to be removed. I don't recall how my 2003 Suncruiser was, but on my Bus the hose runs up into the cabinet under the bathroom sink. That's where the vacuum break/check valve is. Then it runs down to the tank nozzle. That might be why you're not seeing a check valve.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I believe you'll find by looking at the plumbing diagrams for your coach that the check valve/vacuum break is located remotely from the flusher hose hookup. It is remote because of the requirement to have the vacuum break above the highest input device to the tank. In the case of the black tank, the vacuum break is located above the toilet. If the vacuum breaker was not above the input device, and the black tank should overflow somehow you would get black water entering the flushing system before it overflowed the toilet.

When you disconnect you hose from the flusher, you'll usually have some clean water run back out the inlet as that is the water from the check valve back to the inlet. The water on the other side of the check valve runs into the black tank.

I wish I could post the actual diagram in this post for you, but I'll have to settle for the link.

Download this drawing Suncrusier 38G Plumbing Diagram and go to page 5 of 7. You'll have to zoom in on the drawing, on the left side of page 5 you'll see item E21 which is your check valve, and item A-12 which is the Vacuum Breaker. There is also the notation by the vacuum breaker that it "must be mounted above toilet flood level. You'll notice the inlet side of the check valve/vacuum break is coming up through the floor, then the outlet side goes back down through the floor to the black tank. Even though you've disconnected 2 feet of hose, you havn't gotten high enough above the floor to see the valve.

Now that you know where the check valve is, you'll have to try to reach it from inside the coach and either replace it or try to unstick it.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
whb
Winnebago Camper

It looks like the valve is in the wall behind the shower. Just have to find a way to get to it. Will talk to Winnebago on Monday, see if they can help.
willieb

Workhorse
Old 11-05-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

whb...Not sure about your particular model, but on alot of Winny's coaches, the back of the shower plumbing is accessed from behind the large mirror in the main cabin..rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #13
whb
Winnebago Camper

Well Winnebago says it is in the wall back of the shower & only way to get at it is though the hole
where the shower valve is. Will work on it when we
get back in a couple of weeks.
willieb

Workhorse
Old 11-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

When the check valve went on our 2004 Brave, we went out and bought a FlushKing from campingWorld. This device enables you to back-flush both your black and graywater waste tanks. Best of all, this device can serve as an emergency tank valve if one of yours ever fails. Because it is a back-flusher, it can also remove blockages (which is no minor point since we've experienced this potential nightmare). At any rate. if you do want to stick with your existing system, you may want to replace the faulty check valve with a higher quality one since it seems that the OEM valve leaves a little to be desired. Happy Holidays.

Jack