Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Black tank flush component

Today after our second weekend trip when I was flushing our black tank I noticed water dripping out from the bottom of our 2022 Micro Minnie FLX2108 DS where the hot water heater propane line passes through. After arriving home we found a wet cabinet under the bathroom sink. After removing a panel and connecting our hose at home I found the source of the leak. There’s a little black component that is in line between the connection and the tank and I’m wondering it’s purpose. I removed it and looked it over and then replaced it and it doesn’t leak anymore but I have no confidence it will not malfunction again. It’s directional with the inlet and outlet 90° off. There’s an “open” cap with a little white plunger under it (this is where appeared the water was coming from) and I believe it was the outlet had a spring with a white button behind it. Anyone know what this component is? It said B&H and 125 psi on it. It also “buzzed” when water was passing through it after reinstalling it without leaking.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not at all sure I'm following where this item is located but it sounds very much like what passes as a check valve to let water go in when a hose is connected but not let air or water pass out when we don't have a hose connected and the water pump builds pressure on the lines.
Some are just inside the hose connection and you can see a small plastic disk that is held against the connection by a small spring. Several things can go wrong with them.
They can often make a small buzzing rattle as the water passes. they can get small stuff stuck to them so they ooze or they can get flipped on edge and not seal.

Something like this only with an angle?
https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-9421...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

When they don't seal, the water pump will often not be able to build pressure and we get little or no water flow.
We get very little info on thr trailer group, so no way to actually look at where and what you have found but it sounds like you may have got something like hard water deposits or gunk to keep it from sealing well and it may never happen again??
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Would have never guessed a check valve but that’s exactly what it is. Thanks Morich. I googled black tank check valve and it came right up. I was wrong on my original post it says B&B not B&H. Regardless it’s a vacuum breaking check valve. I understand now. You would think they would make them in a way they wouldn’t spray all over if they fail.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:43 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

On my 2021 RV that is called a "flushing system vacuum breaker" and it does have the 90 degree angle. It helps to keep the black tank gunk from getting back into the flush line and "breaks the vacuum" to allow half the line to drain into the tank and the other half to drain out the fill fitting when the fill hose is disconnected. The data viewer says my part number is 316731-01-000

Although not the exact part, search Amazon for "San-T-Flush".
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Does it maybe set so it keeps blackwater from coming out when not connected to hose?
And if we get into things we would change?
We would need lots more time than we have left!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank