Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We have an 2004 Itasca Meridian 39K. We need to replace the bathroom sink. Has anyone ever done that? When looking underneath the countertop, it appears that the undermount sink is mounted between the thin solid surface top and the particle board. Is the top laminated to the particle board? What is the procedure to change the sinks?
mkminewine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have an 2004 Itasca Meridian 39K. We need to replace the bathroom sink. Has anyone ever done that? When looking underneath the countertop, it appears that the undermount sink is mounted between the thin solid surface top and the particle board. Is the top laminated to the particle board? What is the procedure to change the sinks?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2004 Journey 39k and something leaping out of our medicine cabinet landing in our sink cracked it. We caulked the crack and used the sink for a year before finding a new sink at surplus when we were at GNR last year.

There is no doubt an easier way to remove and replace but this is what we did: remove the faucets, carefully remove all the caulking from around the edges of the countertop, remove the countertop (the sink is attached). We then carefully chipped the sink away from the countertop because it is caulked to the underside of the countertop.

Replace the sink then put it all back together again. Sink works great considering there were 3 guys crammed in the bathroom working and it was all finished in an afternoon on the rally grounds.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Savannah, The same thing happened to us with regard to something leaping out of our cabinet. We have had the sink caulked for a year too. Unfortunately we have been unable to find a replacement at any surplus stores; so we finally broke down and ordered a new "polymer" molded sink.

I appreciate the instructions. If you removed the entire top, wouldn't you have been able to just unhook the faucet instead of removing it? Also, I am assuming that your top was also solid surface? If so, was the sink caulked to the particle board under the counter?

Thanks for your help!
Joy
Old 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The sink was caulked to the countertop and also was attached by clips. Actually DH can't remember and I was only a passerby since there sure wasn't room for another body in there.

I think we would have continued to use the repaired sink if DH hadn't found the one at surplus. It was only $10 so he said he couldn't pass it up
Old 11-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I forgot to add that we now use curtain rods in the cabinet to keep the stuff on the shelves.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

What is GNR?
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emmmw:
What is GNR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winnebago's big annual RV rally at their factory in Iowa...the Winnebago/Itasca Travelers Grand National Rally....every year in July.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote