Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2022, 10:47 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Still no luck at Visone.

I did stumble across a complete new unit at MMRV online and they’re well aware of what they have. $1,607 to be exact!!!

I also found a service tank kit for the non Motor-Aide version at Panther RV for $365 + tax and shipping so I went ahead and ordered it. It’s a bummer I won’t have “free” hot water on the road but at this point I'd just like to have a functioning water system in the rig.
Old 09-13-2022, 01:17 PM   #22
Site Team

This thread scares me because I have the same water heater in my motorhome and I too like the motoraid feature.

Have you contacted Atwood/LCI for their suggestions for any available models that are considered full replacements for that OEM model?
Old 09-20-2022, 04:58 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

There are always used units for sale with the motoraid feature. Check with visionerv.com (KY) or colawsalvage.com (MO).
Colaw is where the body shop bought my replacement front cap.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
There are always used units for sale with the motoraid feature. Check with visionerv.com (KY) or colawsalvage.com (MO).
Colaw is where the body shop bought my replacement front cap.
I've been calling Visone on a weekly basis with no success. Didn't know about Colaw.

I got the new non-motoraid tank from Panther RV last week. Have not had a chance to work on the moho yet, this past weekend had me away from the house. Hopefully I can get after it this coming weekend.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:03 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Elcaminoman, this list of nationwide salvage and surplus yards is not current, but might be helpful when searching for used parts.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:08 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Pulled the unit yesterday. Winnebago was not shy with the use of dum dum behind the front flange I’ll tell you that! The cold water inlet bung is completely rotted out on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9EFDE8D3-D23E-413C-A14E-EA5FC9C32A66.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	184216   Click image for larger version

Name:	C3C46563-7078-40D8-9BE6-3C242E39E7E4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	184217  

Click image for larger version

Name:	7256FFF4-B716-4BD8-A3B2-E187546D93A1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	184218  
ElCaminomanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:08 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Elcaminoman, this list of nationwide salvage and surplus yards is not current, but might be helpful when searching for used parts.
Thanks Ray, I’ve bookmarked that link.
ElCaminomanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:12 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
Let me add one additional thought. We bought our rig new to us when it was only a couple of years old. Among other things, we immediately installed a magnesium annode in the W/H

Well aware that's controversial. I pontificated my views, including galvanic charts some time back. Atwood advertised their aluminum lining as being the annode. True. But as soon as a pin hole in that lining corrodes through, galvanic differential accelerates.

This old sailor is of the opinion that the reason our 15 year old Atwood lining looks (borascope) so preserved, is that magnesium annode changed every six months.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Interesting bit of information there, I didn't even know you could get an anode rod for the Atwood's, and it never dawned on me to try a bore scope to check out the innards of my WH.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:55 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

New tank swapped in and everything put back together. Nice to have a functioning water system with hot water in the rig again. Will be installing a magnesium anode too!

Tags
atwood, led, parts, tank