Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Aquahot

Anyone have any problems with the Aquahot on the Tours?
Cassie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have been using the Aquahot on our 2010 42AD Tour for the 18 months that we have had it. I had one initial issue in that the heating seemed weak in the kitchen area (front zone). I found that one of the Aquahot lines was kinking when the slide was moved and thus restricting the flow of heating fluid. Getting the kind out helped quite a bit. Other than that, no problems at all and love the unlimited hot water.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We also have a 2010 Tour 42AD and our Aqua Hot system has worked flawlessly since it was new. We do service the burner every year, change the filter and nozzle just like you would in your house. I'm not sure I would want a coach without an Aqua Hot system anymore. It works great and is so far trouble free!
Tpflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My only objecting so far is that mine smokes for about 5 minutes when first used after several hours of not in use. I am hoping perhaps a diesel additive will cure problem but have not tried that yet. Anyone else had the smoke problem (tough on the neigbors)?
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Buck454: black smoke sounds like it's running rich....usually from restricted air intake, could also be clogged fuel nozzle (which can happen to new one). Highly recommend reading Roger Berke's forum. URL is too complicated to type on my phone, but Google his name & hydronic forum and you'll get it. Very thorough & user-friendly. And free. And discounted parts.
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

If you are more specific on what is not working on your Tour, I will try to help you.

Black smoke is an indication of poor combustion. Can be caused by many, many things.

The first thing I usually recommend is to replace the nozzle in the diesel burner. The nozzle is inexpensive and pretty easy to replace.

Aqua-Hot reworked some of their manuals to include excellent directions on how to do it yourself nozzle and filter replacement. Let me know what is the model number of your Aqua-Hot and I can point you in the right direction.

Link to my Forum is below. Lots and lots of information about Aqua-Hots.

- Roger Berke -
http://www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

my HydroHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Berke View Post
If you are more specific on what is not working on your Tour, I will try to help you.

Black smoke is an indication of poor combustion. Can be caused by many, many things.

The first thing I usually recommend is to replace the nozzle in the diesel burner. The nozzle is inexpensive and pretty easy to replace.

Aqua-Hot reworked some of their manuals to include excellent directions on how to do it yourself nozzle and filter replacement. Let me know what is the model number of your Aqua-Hot and I can point you in the right direction.

Link to my Forum is below. Lots and lots of information about Aqua-Hots.

- Roger Berke -
Roger,
My unit is model HHE500-09M and owners manual does not cover how to replace the parts you suggest. If it is a fairly easy job I would certainly like to be able to to it myself as I live quit rural. Unit was supposily serviced for our purchase last August but I have my doubts (coolant was low so ordered some and made addition). Nevertheless, it has been used enough, and the smoke is annoying, that it will not hurt to service again. Your help and suggestions will be appreciated.
Bill...buck454
[email protected]
Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Bill

Down load the service manual from the Aqua-Hot website, here: http://www.aquahot.com/eSource/ecom/...ice_Manual.pdf

This is one of the recent rewritten service manuals and is excellent.

The service directions start on page 96.

Make sure you remove the combustion chamber. Clean the inside and the combustion chamber itself. Wear rubber gloves.... nasty job!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- Roger Berke -
Old 06-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Bill

Down load the service manual from the Aqua-Hot website, here: http://www.aquahot.com/eSource/ecom/...ice_Manual.pdf

This is one of the recent rewritten service manuals and is excellent.

The service directions start on page 96.

Make sure you remove the combustion chamber. Clean the inside and the combustion chamber itself. Wear rubber gloves.... nasty job!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- Roger Berke -
I can get nozzle and filter from you, correct.

Clean chamber with anything in particular or just wiping with cloth. I can imagine it messy with all the smoking it does on startup.

thanks.

Bill
Old 06-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Bill

They ask me not to advertise, however I am not that hard to find. My parts website has many, many parts.

I use wire brush like the one in the attached photo to clean the combustion chamber. We normally leave the carbon in the combustion chamber. It will blow out of the exhaust pipe when burner lights.

- Roger Berke -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Combustion Chamber Brush.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	22968  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Bill

They ask me not to advertise, however I am not that hard to find. My parts website has many, many parts.

I use wire brush like the one in the attached photo to clean the combustion chamber. We normally leave the carbon in the combustion chamber. It will blow out of the exhaust pipe when burner lights.

- Roger Berke -
I understand, should have known before I asked. I will try to get numbers and get back to you. Just need to get where I can print pdf in color, great illustrations. More later.
Many thanks. Hope I can do the service myself.
Bill