Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aqua-hot issue

We have a 2014 Tour GD and have had very few "issues" with it. However on our current trip, we're noticing that the Aqua-hot system is inconsistent during showers. Yesterday water went cold during a shower. Later in the day, I was showering and water went cool, then began to warm up, then went cool again. More of the same today.

Suggestions?
HeelDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelDice View Post
We have a 2014 Tour GD and have had very few "issues" with it. However on our current trip, we're noticing that the Aqua-hot system is inconsistent during showers. Yesterday water went cold during a shower. Later in the day, I was showering and water went cool, then began to warm up, then went cool again. More of the same today.

Suggestions?
first question is this DOES the diesel burner shut off when this is happening?
If it does then theres your problem or the source still need to find out what
is the cause
IF it is still running and burning diesel then the main stir pump may be failing
you need to verify the burner situation in order to sort out what may be happening
Have you tried it on heat? does it heat correctly
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply. I guess here's my first problem -- I don't know how to determine if the diesel burner is shut off. If you can educate me, I'll find out. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelDice View Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess here's my first problem -- I don't know how to determine if the diesel burner is shut off. If you can educate me, I'll find out. Thanks!
like I said go listen to it;; very loud (notable when on) diesel exhaust is emitted and some fumes etc so its pretty obvious when running also to note as asked how the heating system when on diesel?
If the heating is fine then the diesel has to be running unless of course you have it on 120V
this poor hot water deal does it happen when both 120V and diesel is on?
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Turn on a tap using hot water. Then go outside and make sure the diesel burner in running. The exhaust will be hot and you should smell diesel. Next go to the compartment where the Aquahot unit is and check the status of the lights. If any are red you have a problem especially pump 3 this is the stir pump. Mine failed =and gave me the same issues you are having. When mine failed the dealer where I got mine fixed called Aquahot and they sent him 4 new pumps and he replace all mine. After the replacement my unit has never worked so good. The pumps they used we bad and need to be replaced. All repairs were done under warranty. If you find a repair shop call the ahead of time so they can have the pumps ready when you arrive. It took about 4 hours to replace mine.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Ditto here ... engine pre-heat pump not working - AH sent 4 new pumps out of warranty. The techs on the AH service desk have been good with help - have the serial # of your unit available - they'll walk you through some diagnostics and may be able to expedite approval / shipment of parts ...

Appreciate you letting us know what results - we all learn ...
Old 12-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks very much, Ron. I see now that I have a red light beside pump number 3. So I've got a problem. Appreciate your very nice reply. And for what it's worth, I never have known the place on my Tour where the exhaust exited from the Aqua-hot. Still don't. So I'm quite aware that I'm ignorant on the whole system as this is the first time I've had a problem.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Your aqua hot exhaust is on the drivers side rear. There is a chrome exhaust pipe that looks like the generator exhaust pipe. Go onto the aqua hot web site and look for a repair center near you. If you have any other issues with your coach don't hesitate to email me directly at [email protected]
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote