Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Unhappy Aqua Hot

We have a 2011 Winnebago Tour 40CD and the problem we are having is heat coming from the Aqua Hot radiator below the left side of kitchen counter top while the thermostat is set to off. This effects the air conditioners as the sensor for the thermostat is on the left side of the kitchen cabinet and the cabinet is warm from the radiator therefore the air conditioners continue run until you can hang meat in here. The only way I can get them to cycle as they should is raise the thermostat set point to 87 degrees. Should the radiators be warm or is that abnormal. I do not hear any pumps running at the Aqua Hot unit.
Has anyone else had this problem? Hope this is not a duplicate as I searched many different way and found nothing.

Thanks,
Jim
jbrown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7 View Post
We have a 2011 Winnebago Tour 40CD and the problem we are having is heat coming from the Aqua Hot radiator below the left side of kitchen counter top while the thermostat is set to off. This effects the air conditioners as the sensor for the thermostat is on the left side of the kitchen cabinet and the cabinet is warm from the radiator therefore the air conditioners continue run until you can hang meat in here. The only way I can get them to cycle as they should is raise the thermostat set point to 87 degrees. Should the radiators be warm or is that abnormal. I do not hear any pumps running at the Aqua Hot unit.
Has anyone else had this problem? Hope this is not a duplicate as I searched many different way and found nothing.

Thanks,
Jim
Early on in my Coach - but a long time ago - we had a similar problem - solution was to move the sensor to inside the A/C - all work well now.

Just ordered a new sensor placed it in the A/C and this was the easy fix.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

It sounds like you have a bad check valve. It must be stuck open allowing the hot boiler fluid to circulate by convection through the radiator. Check the aqua hot control panel to make sure the pump is not running. I have herd if you tap on the check valve with a hammer it might free up.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Aqua Hot

Thank you Ron Postma. That was the problem
Old 06-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
It sounds like you have a bad check valve. It must be stuck open allowing the hot boiler fluid to circulate by convection through the radiator. Check the aqua hot control panel to make sure the pump is not running. I have herd if you tap on the check valve with a hammer it might free up.

Where is this check value located in the unit? Thanks
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On the 450 unit they are on the lower side where the two loop pumps are located. They are right at the side of the unit and on mine are brass. The pumps are connected to the check valves. Between the burner and the side of the cabinet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 450 pumps.pdf (444.0 KB, 54 views)
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Aqua Hot

The check valve closest to the inside of the cabinet controls the heat to the front of the coach according to the Aqua Hot techs.