Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2021, 02:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Anybody use Viking light-weight propane tanks?

Curious if anyone is using these light-weight propane tanks and have feedback?

As well as going on 2 months now I can't find any to buy anyways. No reply from Viking, not sure what's going on with that supply.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have been struggling for supplies of numerous types as it seems the supply chain is near broken!
At first it was things like generators which I put down as a result of the sudden freeze in so much of the South, but then I was having trouble getting some of the really small stuff for plumbing like elbows and other routine fittings and having to wait for them to be shipped. Okay, we had a freeze and things are messed up?
But now I am looking for a number of things that are not in stock at any stores in my area and they are not freeze related. Things like rock wool insulation, OSB board, etc which are not normally hot sellers but now are gone from my normal suppliers.
We have a multi pointed problem that is going to take a very long time to work out, it seems.
We have the trade war which is still evolving and it has messed with a lot of the supplies the chip makers need to build the chips, so computers of all kinds are not being built.
We have a definite surge of online shopping which results in a surge of truck drivers at the exact time that a lot of the work force which keeps trucking going is now dead or afraid to go to work. You can't roll a truck if the restaurants, tire shops ,etc are gone!

So while the tank may be made locally, if the valves are made in India, forget getting that one for a long time as many of the small folks who made those small parts are now dead, dying or certainly have bigger problems than going to work!

We may be getting the virus semi put down and somewhat under control but we will still be paying the price for years.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Minnie Winnie 26A

I owned a marine service company. People who owned those, loved the fiberglass tanks. They are a slightly different size, so make sure they will fit in your tank compartment. Their service life is 15 years.
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, propane, tank, weight