Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

3 water hook ups and I’m confused

I am brand new to RV'ing. We bought a Voyage 3538BR travel trailer. Going on a long trip in 2 weeks. Have read the whole manual and am still confused about these hook ups. I have 3 hook ups that look like a hose would screw on. One for gravity fill. One that is above where the power hook up is and then one by the RV/City lever. Can anyone tell me which goes to the city water hook up and what the other one is for? I am a total newbi and am embarrassed to ask this but I have no idea.
Attached Images

jnfrcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The gravity fill is for filling your freshwater tank. My hunch is the one by the lever is the city water connection. That means the one near the power is likely the black tank flush. The black tank flush should be near the black tank (near the toilet) if that helps confirm or confuse things. Proceed with caution, as you definitely don’t want to overflow your black tank.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I would say that the lever is turned to “city” when it’s hooked up to the campsite’s water supply. I would guess you would turn the lever the other way when your using the fresh water tank.
charlescho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:03 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
The gravity fill is for filling your freshwater tank. My hunch is the one by the lever is the city water connection. That means the one near the power is likely the black tank flush. The black tank flush should be near the black tank (near the toilet) if that helps confirm or confuse things. Proceed with caution, as you definitely don’t want to overflow your black tank.
Good advice, and fairly easy to test. The gravity fill cap says non-pressure, which makes sense. You can test both the city water and black tank flush by adding a little water and see which changes the tank monitor. Or, if you have a clear section of sewer pipe, run the black water flush with the valve open to verify the water is flushing out. Good advice to proceed with caution and not get distracted when adding water to either tank.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

TYSM! I think you are correct. I honestly didn't even know there was a such thing as a black tank flush. It wasn't in the manual anywhere but it is right by the black tank. I just thought it was odd to have to leave the storage space open when hooked to city water but I am 100% sure you are correct. Thank you so much!
Old 06-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for the advice/information. VERY helpful.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #7
Site Team

jnfrcher, If you take your photos with your phone held horizontal rather than vertical, with the volume buttons down and the "home" button on the right (if you have one) then when you upload photos to the forum they will be the correct orientation in your posts.

If you take them vertical, you can also copy the photos to your computer and rotate them in a photo editor and save them before uploading to your posts to fix this issue.

Your phone has a gyro position sensor and displays the photo correctly to you, but actually, you are taking the photo sideways and that's why it uploads sideways.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrcher View Post
TYSM! I think you are correct. I honestly didn't even know there was a such thing as a black tank flush. It wasn't in the manual anywhere but it is right by the black tank. I just thought it was odd to have to leave the storage space open when hooked to city water but I am 100% sure you are correct. Thank you so much!
On my old fifth-wheel, there was an opening in the storage compartment floor through which you could route the hose for the city water connection. You might have the same.

Tags
fuse, water