Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2021 HIKE 171DB Water Pump Access

Hello everyone! During a recent trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone, I noticed that connecting to city water was filling the gravity well. Based on my reading it seems like a failed check valve is the culprit. I went to look at replacing and was able to locate the water pump, but I cannot see a good way of accessing the area.

Does anyone have advice for accessing the water pump area in a HIKE model 171DB?
LuckyMeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 01:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Water Pump Location

This is a pretty old thread, but it comes up when searching. So, just in case… On my Hike 171DB, the water pump is located under the kitchen sink. You have to pull the inside panel off the bottom of the slide, and it’s mounted right there. I hope this helps.

I got lucky, and my issue was a blown fuse right there at the pump, replaced it, and I turned her right on. I love when it’s an easy fix.

Safe travels!!
BoiseChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 10:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

BoiseChris. Can you explain how to take the inside panel of the front part of slide off? I’m trying to access the water pump. Thanks
AZNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNomad View Post
BoiseChris. Can you explain how to take the inside panel of the front part of slide off? I’m trying to access the water pump. Thanks

It’s just a few screws. I had two on each side, top “shelf”, and I believe 4 on the face of it.
BoiseChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. Seems like a weird design to take off that whole panel. Might need to figure a water pump hatch to put in. Mods are always fun. Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply—-it seemed more complicated when I was trying to figure it out.
AZNomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump