Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2022, 06:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2018 2100BH no water pressure

I have installed a new pump and I'm not getting any water pressure tank is full the system works fine with city water. the pump builds pressure as it should then shuts off starts strong then dies off to nothing is there away to clean the tank ? I think it may be calcium buildup. You would think there would be easy access to the fresh water tank or a filter or something but I can't find anything or any info on it. I had a guy ( mobile rv repair ) he didn't seem to have a clue just wanted to slice the belly cover open I nixed that. hoping to find a better solution. Thanks
setconstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Calcium buildup

Good Day. I don’t think your problem is in the fresh water tank if pressure builds initially. I think calcium or other buildup may still be the problem though. At the faucet with low pressure try taking off the aerator right where the water comes out. Should turn off the faucet from underside. There you will find a screen that will likely have debris on it that under pressure will cause plugging. Do this on all faucets.
If this isn’t the problem try running toilet to see if pump runs well to eliminate the pump and flowing water from tank as an issue.
Hopefully it’s just this simple fix.
CanoeCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

The problem is not just at the Kitchen faucet it's at the shower and toilet same thing happens starts strong then dies right off the pump works as it should I even upgraded to a 5 gpm pump still nothing it's either an air leak or something in the tank. The pump doesn't just run which make me think it's not an air leak as once the pump builds pressure it stays built up until I turn a fixture on so either a kink in the line or stuff in the tank. I"m putting in a gallon of distilled vinegar and see if that losses things up
setconstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hmmm. I think before you try the vinegar you should diagnose more. That could leave a residual taste you won’t enjoy. Could try filling tank and manually dropping all water from tank to clear it out. There’s a valve to drain water tank. Your pump sounds new, but there is a screen on it that needs to be cleaned occasionally as well. Does the water slow to a stop? On the end of the pump there’s a screw that adjusts water pressure. Could try that.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Did you check the strainer/filter at the pump?

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by setconstr View Post
I have installed a new pump and I'm not getting any water pressure tank is full the system works fine with city water. the pump builds pressure as it should then shuts off starts strong then dies off to nothing is there away to clean the tank ? I think it may be calcium buildup. You would think there would be easy access to the fresh water tank or a filter or something but I can't find anything or any info on it. I had a guy ( mobile rv repair ) he didn't seem to have a clue just wanted to slice the belly cover open I nixed that. hoping to find a better solution. Thanks
Do you have a fill valve on city water?
My 35B has a valve that ii have to put in fill position to fill tank then switch to normal to run with pump and fresh water tank.
DBiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If you've got heavy concentrations of minerals in your water, you've had the two most likely suggestions: The in-line "bowl" style filter on the downstream side of the water pump, and the faucet screens (although your same problem with the toilet points toward the filter). If the filter is restricted, the pump will pressurize the short distance to the screw on filter and sound like it's fully functional (which it is).
MadMaxWinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

So did you get it solved? I’m curious what it could’ve been if not previous suggestions.

Tags
water