Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2015 Forza Water Leakage Issues

I have experienced water leakage issues with all of the bottom compartments including leakage between the plastic liner and the metal exterior in the water and waste compartment. Anytime I drive in rain I am experiencing these issues. I’ve had the unit serviced several times, however the dealer has never been successful in stopping the leakage. I have just noted today that I am now getting swelling and lifting of the tile in the floor behind the passenger seat and next to the fireplace. I believe that leakage has occurred in the wheel well and has penetrated into the sub flooring in that area. Has anyone else experienced similar issues and what have you done to have them corrected?
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had some leak issues on my Forza 36G. The dealer tried several different things to help remedy this problem? The biggest help was adjusting the storage bay doors. I drove in a really heavy rain last week with virtually no leaks after inspected. There was a little water inside the storage bays. Barely enough to show on the carpet in the storage bays.

As for your tile swelling up? No clue how that would happen? I hope you find a remedy for this. Please post if you do.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Which model Forza do you have?
Old 09-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

34T
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have experienced water in the passenger side bays - the majority being in the bay in front of the rear wheels and to a lesser amount the bay behind the rear wheels (inverter bay). I still need to check the adjustment on the doors, but did seal up some pretty significant areas that the original sealant had either separated or was not installed.
I did have to replace the passenger slide controller (bay in front of the rear wheel) don't know if got wet or just failed.
I will check my floor when I go down to the MH.
Good luck - Russ
Old 09-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I had leakage in the passenger's side font bay and rear bay on my 34T. I had it repaired and got it down to minor seepage in the last rain adventure. Have your dealer / repair person do a "smoke test" basically putting a smoke bomb in the compartment and watch where it comes out. You can always do that yourself and then show them where the problems are.

First that I have heard of any problems with the flooring.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

When I drove my 2016 Forza home, it rained heavily through WV on the turnpike. When I got home to VA, the front passenger side compartment had wet carpet, and anything that had cardboard on it was wet. The carpet was wet at the front, and in looking at the front of the compartment, I could trace the water leaking at the top of the panel where it attached to the square tubing. They did not put any sealant between the panel and the tubing. I had CW of Roanoke to fix that, and have had no problems with it since. I checked all the door panels to make sure that they sealed against the weatherstripping. The only door that bothers me a bit to open in the rain is the very front one on the driver's side, with the circuit breakers and fuse box. Any water dripping off the front will drip into the floor and also get the circuit breakers wet. I need to refrain from opening that one if water is dripping down from the top.
GTobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Interesting!! DW had noticed the floor tile to the left rear of her seat had lifted between panels. Haven't glued it yet and would not have associated it with water leakage from right front storage bay. Since we have no rugrats I know nothing was ever spilled there.

Winnebago's quality continues to disappoint in various ways!
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Update the lemon laws

Until lemon laws are updated in every state to put some teeth into dealing with RVs, the manufacturers will continue to have shoddy build quality. The lemon laws also have to include both the coach and chassis. And I don't think it is just Winnebago either.
Or new 2016 Winnebago Forza 36G had a punch list of around 25 things to repair. All in the coach. And many completely visible even for the blind. For example of the 25 or so LED interior lights, 19 of them were either totally inoperative or had less than all the LEDs operative and all visibly with low light output.
We bought our new RV at CW Troutdale, OR. The sad part is they get PAID to fully inspect every RV and fix things BEFORE it is handed over to the buyer. These clowns never did a thing. And the complete idiot who did the walk thru with us was worse than useless. His best quote was "start/run the diesel generator monthly so the carburetor won't gum up".
I will say that the service rep who handled all the repairs was on top of everything though and we only have a few minor coach issues that need to be addressed which we will have done this winter when things are slower.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2019 Forza 34T and am having the same problems with water in the lower compartments and my tile now peeling up (from subfloor problems). It is still in the shop. How did you solve your water leaking problems from driving in the rain?
bluebbe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I went back to Winnebago customer service at the factory in Forest City, IA. They worked for 2 days removing the panels, cleaning, painting, and sealing. She removed the entire rear wheel liners and re did them completely. It has been great for a year now, but the bay mid coach which houses the water tank is getting wet from around the chassis rails above the tank. I am going back in 2 weeks from VA to IA to have that issue fixed. Glad they were so kind and diligent to tackle the problem. I couldn't have afforded to pay someone to do what they did.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Wow. Sounds like they did a lot of work to correct the leaks. Hopefully my local dealer can solve the problem so I don't have to take it to Forest City, IA. I am concerned that my tile is peeling up, which I assume is because the subfloor is getting wet. We will see what the dealer says...
bluebbe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I do hope they can correct it. Winnebago's customer service told me that once water gets in between the panels and starts to leak in that oxidation forms and no kind of sealant will be able to seal it back up until it is removed
cleaned, painted, and then resealed when installed. That's why when you put silicone or sealant over the seams it's not going to stop it. That's what they call "rust jacking" where the expansion of the oxidized metal separates the panels and allows even more water to get through exacerbating the issue.

Tags
leak, water, water leak