Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2010 via 25T freshwater tank drain valve access

My 2010 25T has a constant drip drip drip out of the PVC pipe under the rear below the tank. Can anyone tell me where you gain access to the drain valve?
I have been in the very rear and removed the board on the back of the stair assembly and looked down inside the nylon box but I cannot see the valve and from underneath I can not see any access port or doors.
Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of a service manual or service bulletins explaining process yo access the valve and plumbing?
Is the large green sheet in the center very back supports the tank or is it just a protective cover?
Toddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you are able to access this, it will give a drawing of the parts:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...t_plumbing.pdf
If not able to access for some reason, give a yell and I can look further and cut and copy to you but it tends to not be as clear and there are lots of things that make more sense if we can actually look at the drawing as well as the RV.

Whole catalog for many Rv is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

From those drawings, it looks there is a cable pull operated drain valve. The cable pull looks like it lov=cated in the water service bay.
Phil-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T View Post
From those drawings, it looks there is a cable pull operated drain valve. The cable pull looks like it lov=cated in the water service bay.
Glad to see somebody else give this a look as I was not sure what I was seeing and it is not one I've seen on fresh water tank.
Is this what you are seeing ? On pages 4&5 I "think" I see the valve handle located next to the city water fill with the cable going in and back to a valve and that valve is located in what they call the "drainage compartment"?
Looks like that compartment would be underneath the RV and behind the water fill valve panel???
Looks like a bear to get to that and not sure what part of the insulation might have to be removed. Seems overly hard for what it does to just drain a tank, but this must be for a more freezeproof setup?
It shows an 1 1/2 inch PVC drain so locating that hanging out underneath might be one way to go about finding it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drainage comp.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	174356   Click image for larger version

Name:	cable valve.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	174357  

Click image for larger version

Name:	handle.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	174358  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

That's exactly what I was looking at, and the way I see it. I would have to see the actual rig to even guess on how to access that drain valve. I would wonder what the inside looks like for access to that area.

I would call Winnebago and ask for a tech to talk to about that. I would assume they provided service access to that valve.
Phil-T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water