Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2008 Itasca Latitiude Ice maker...

We don't use the ice maker and I would like to turn the water line off, but I can't figure out where to look for a shut off valve. I know that I can easily turn the ice maker off with the inside arm pushed up. but how do I keep water from coming into the ice maker tubing? My manuals didn't offer any help. Thanks Joe
Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On my last two coaches the shut off was in the outside access to the back of the refrigerator. The power is there also and you probably should unplug if you are going to turn off the water.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I want to turn off the water, but still use the fridge so is there a separate electrical plug for the ice maker itself? I don't want to do the wrong thing and turn off everything. I am not very sharp when it comes to electrical things. Thanks, Joe
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
We don't use the ice maker and I would like to turn the water line off, but I can't figure out where to look for a shut off valve. I know that I can easily turn the ice maker off with the inside arm pushed up. but how do I keep water from coming into the ice maker tubing? My manuals didn't offer any help. Thanks Joe
My shut off is under the kitchen sink near the small drinking water filter.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I don't have a filter there so I guess that's why I don't have a shut off. Thanks, Joe
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Joe - looking at your floorplan I would bet that you have a shutoff under the kitchen sink. It may be very hard to see as it may be tapped into the metal tube that's part of the faucet above where the faucet joins the flexible tubing. Reach way up high on the cold water side of the sink faucet. It should be a very small valve with a "T" handle...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Manuals and more manuals

I was checking my manuals for a way to turn off the water to the ice maker. The operator's manual is about one inch thick. The supplemental manual is about three inches thick. Then with the rest of the manuals, I have a bag that weighs about 25 pounds. The only reference to the ice maker said that at the end of this chapter (supplemental manual) you will find the winterizing information for the two subjects that are to be considered optional, the ice maker and the clothes washer. So I carefully read to the end and only one mention of a shutoff said: Turn off the water line to the ice maker. I read the whole section over three times and there must be a shut off because it says to turn it off...just forgot to say where it can be found.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsm View Post
Joe - looking at your floorplan I would bet that you have a shutoff under the kitchen sink. It may be very hard to see as it may be tapped into the metal tube that's part of the faucet above where the faucet joins the flexible tubing. Reach way up high on the cold water side of the sink faucet. It should be a very small valve with a "T" handle...
I am a little stiff due to having my fourth back surgery in November and maybe I missed it because it is up higher than where I looked. I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks, Joe
Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

It looks like the shut-off valve should be under the galley sink. Here's the 2008 Latitude Plumbing Diagram IPM39W (Serial Number begins with 70M91J2) or 2008 Latitude Plumbing Diagram IPM39W (Serial Number begins with 70M91J3) diagrams--both are the same in as far as the icemaker water line is concerned. The valve is labeled V-15 on page 6 of the pdf, in area B-2 (use the letters/numbers on the edge of the sheet to locate it). (I guess that you don't have a water filter under the sink because you have a whole house filter down in the water bay.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Wow, you really put some work into this with the diagram and all. I'll have to see if I can get my over-weight body into the area under the sink and find that shut off. We hope to use the coach this weekend and I'll see what I can do. I'll post the results. Thanks, Joe
Old 01-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

cbeierl, zippo, bdpreece and tomsm:

Thanks for the info on the ice maker turn-off. I found it under the galley sink just like you said... A T-valve on the water line. I also pulled one of the wires outside in the electrical box behind the fridge and left a note to that effect. I just didn't think it would be tied in under the sink, but there it was. Thanks for your help. Joe