Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectraDon View Post
I'm interested in how you removed and reinstalled the header board (roof of the compartment above the windshield). Is it attached with velcro? How much work? Thanks.
VectraDon:

Sorry out for a few days rid'n motorcycles. Hope Thanksgiving went well for you/your family!

It's simple: you'll see two screws when you open the door to the cabinet above the driver. Take out the screws and the headliner will drop. (if I remember correctly it stays attached at the front of the coach?)

You'll have the metal beam exposed. The antenna is a magnet. I just stuck the antenna on top. Stuck well too! I used one of those wire/real/guide tools to pull wire through walls to pull the antenna wire down the side pillar to the dash. Rescrewed in the two screws and the headliner went back into places as if it was never touched!

Hope that helps!?
luckymick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I have an Xm Onyx I am moving between vehicles. I put the antenna on a support in the overhead and we never lost signal. Now I know I will not have to drill through the roof.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote