Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone heard anything about winnie shutting down our access via the internet to their parts catalog, electrical diagrams etc.I did
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone heard anything about winnie shutting down our access via the internet to their parts catalog, electrical diagrams etc.I did
Old 10-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hogbreth:
Has anyone heard anything about winnie shutting down our access via the internet to their parts catalog, electrical diagrams etc.I did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Have you tried the links here in this forum. I just opened up the parts catalog and it's just fine. Is there anything I'm missing?

I also just opened up links to the electrical and plumbing catalogs. Could be that you may have had you leg pulled a little?

Perhaps they may discontinue the e-catalogs at some point but I haven't heard anything.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I haven't. Why would they want to do that? It saves them time and money and they put the reference material online for the owners.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have no Idea why they would do that but I heard that it would happen at the end of the month.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I wouldn't hear of anything one way or the other, but if you are concerned with this happeneing, try saving (downloading) a local copy of them if you have a laptop or desktop PC. I do that anyway and keep them and all of my manuals, etc. in PDF format all in one folder for easy access on my home PC. The files are accessed faster, you don't need an internet connection and it prevents worrying about when they will remove the information from the web. When I hit the road, I just copy the whole folder on to my laptop (you can do it to a CD/DVD also) and I'm ready to go. I keep the Winnebago big black "bible bag" in basement storage in case I want to flip pages or for some other reason need them.

- Bob
bbk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hogbreth:
I have no Idea why they would do that but I heard that it would happen at the end of the month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Direct From Winnebago Industries

"There is no truth to this rumor. As a matter of fact, we are looking into adding diagrams for our older models to the site. I don't know yet if the older stuff is going to be transferable."

Let's put this rumor to rest.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote