Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Both of our TVs are analog in our 2004 coach. We had the Weingard boxes installed at Camping World in Syracuse, NY. The Weingards worked well, BUT we could not use our satellite, VCR, or DVD on either TV. Changing the Weingard video selection switch to SAT, VCR, etc. did nothing.
We had to make a trip back to CW and after about 4 hours of trying to make it work, one of the technicians said to use an A/B switch with a splitter. This allowed the signals from the video selector box to reach the TVs.
It turns out that the convertor box - although it is called analog pass through - does not. With the A/B switch, I am now able to use the roof antenna, VCR, and satellite.
I decided to only use the convertor box in the bedroom TV and I will put in a new LCD for the front.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

I'm glad to see someone else is as confused as I am about these ridiculas boxes that are just going to take up extra room I don't have in one of the overhead cabinets. My coupons expired while I was trying to decide on the make, and then try to find one in stock at WalMart or Radio Shack so guess I'll be paying full price when I do find one.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:10 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I am in the process of trying to decide which converter box to purchase. I am not ready to change TV's just yet, as I am not a TV addict. Which converter does the best job with the least amount of hassle? There should be enough of you out there that have gone through this to form a consensus on the best units. Your input will be greatly appreciated.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:19 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

There is currently an interesting discussion on boxes @ RV.Net

Here
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

Here is the diagram from Weingard to explain the use of the A/B switch I mentioned in the earlier post.
Weingard diagram