Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What to replace e 9" Infotainment with?

My 2017 Winnebago View has the 2 pieces 9" screen Infotainment System. I want to get rid of it because it has no power and the warranty has expired. The whole thing has been replaced twice.

I went to CarToys and they said the dash trim has too big of opening for any of their units and there would be a space left after installation. I know some of you have replaced yours, is this true if not what make and model did you get and were you able to use the trim you already had. I want the following feature:

Navigation, radio, backup camera apple play, Bluetooth, USB, any suggestions would be appreciated and I would like to see images if you have some.

Thanks a Million
gipper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I replaced my XITE unit with a Pioneer 7200NEX, but there are many others that will fit - no gaps. The guys at crutchfield.com will make sure you get the features and parts you need. Here are some important things to keep in mind:

1. The XITE head unit leaves an empty slot in the dash. The Mercedes "Stowage Compartment" (Part #906-689-00-47-9B27 for $10.00) fits in the spot perfectly.

2. The XITE backup camera with the 3 views (Horizon, Normal, Hitch) does NOT work with any other system but theirs. I confirmed this with RiverPark and when installing my Pioneer NEX system. Purchase a camera that works with the unit you purchase.

Rather than use the Pioneer as my monitor I bought a dual view backup camera & split screen monitor system from Tadi Brothers. Easy to run the powered cables. Now I can have the monitor always on so I can keep an eye on what I tow or use it as a rear view camera.

3. CarPlay works really well and with the new iOS that is coming out in the Fall we will have a split screen view. If you are concerned about phone reception you can get an app like SYGIC that allows you to download maps, or buy a unit like the Pioneer 7200 that also has its own built-in GPS & maps.

4. Although I could have hooked up the steering wheel controls with a module, I chose not to.

Good luck!

Steve
2017 View

PS: Have you called RiverPark to see if they would replace the unit even though it is out of warranty? They are great to work with.
ArtistsView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

ArtistsView:

I did call RiverPark several times about the situation. I called them this morning and let them know that the init still had no power so they are sending a new unit under waranty. I will have the dealer put it in :-) Thanks for all the help if I have more problems I will replace it with something else. Did you do all the installation work yourself? I am probably not that talented to do much electronics work.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

ArtitsView:

I assume you have a View, is it a 2017? Mine is the J model and I am actually happy with the rig overall and the only problem so far has been the Infotainment System and I did have a leak around the main powred skylight which they fixed under warranty.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes, I have a 2017 J. The only real problems were the Infotainment system and replaced a rear cracked trim piece - both were replaced under warranty. I have my son-in-law do as much work as possible as he is very talented in that area. I do love my View now that I have addressed the issues below.

REAR SUSPENSION
The stock suspension was way too rough, especially on the secondary roads I like to travel. The side-to-side rocking when encountering an off-camber bump had to be eliminated. From all the forums I read the Agile Fox shocks & SumoSprings combo is the best solution, and I settled on that for a short time.

Still I knew there was a better solution. The Kelderman air suspension factory & shop is just an hour from us, but when they looked at my rig they did not think they could retain the spare tire. The final solution was the VB Air Suspension, the same system high-end class B's and C's use. At $7,400 installed it was not cheap, but it now rides like a dream.

DRY CAMPING MODS
I replaced the 12 volt batteries with 6 volt golf cart batteries from COSTCO ($300) to almost double the amount of time I can dry camp. Also installed the low-power propane switch ($80) from Len Casella that reduced the propane power draw by 70%. If you dry camp these two mods are well worth the money.

MISC
I also installed the Borg dual wheel inflation stems on the rear to make it easy to fill. Another modification well worth the money is the Lippert Waste Master sewer system. With the cam-lock system it is so easy to use instead of the twist-on and off system others use.

Party on!

Steve
2017 View J
ArtistsView is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace