Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2020, 07:36 AM   #1
2020 2108FBS

Visible a Phone Plan

I have been following another thread concerning internet availability when traveling. I did not want to hijack that thread with my question. I have seen that you can only connect one device on your cell phone when using hot spot on your visible phone. However, I saw a video that said that was not true if using an apple phone on the visible network. It said the apple phone could connect up to 5 devices without the use of a separate modem. Can anyone using visible plan with a apple phone verify this? I am going to Florida in January and would like to use this plan.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I just signed up for a Visible account after my colleague said his iPhone can connect to five devices. I don't have an iPhone and didn't want to spend $500 to buy one. Instead, I bought a Motorola G7 Power cellphone ($188) and the GL.iNet GL-AR750S-Ext (Slate) Gigabit Travel AC VPN Router from Amazon ($73) that's set up as a repeater from the cellphone. I've connected nine devices to the router, four of which were streaming videos. It's worked perfectly for five days now. Next, I plan to buy a We Boost Drive X RV for those off-the-grid trips...
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #3
2006 Itasca Meridian 39K

When I signed up with Visible, I bought a very inexpensive phone from Visible and a small travel router off Amazon. The phone/router handles the network, and so far I can connect as many devices as I need to. The reason I went with the dedicated phone is I have the network up regardless whose phone is in the house.

When its time to take the motor home out, we just plug the phone/router into an outlet and a way we go. So far I'm very pleased with the Visible service, much faster than the old dsl, we've been able to stream movies and tv everywhere we've gone.
Wingchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
2020 2108FBS

Thanks for the reply’s. I am planning on upgrading my IPhone this fall. That will let me use my old phone as a dedicated phone for internet usage. Glad to hear that you can connect up to 5 devices on a iPhone.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I have had Visible for over a year and am satisfied. You can get Visible for $25 per month by using their Party Pay Feature and joining a Party Group. Some comments:

Visible only works on native Verizon cell sites. I am traveling in Colorado this summer and have found several towns that are not native Verizon where those with Verizon have service and I on Visible do not. These include Meeker Colorado and the area around Black Mesa Res. I also experienced this in northern Maine.

I have found that I can use Visible at full un-throttled speed on my Apple MacBook laptop when tethered with a lightning cable. I can then use internet sharing on my MacBook and connect non-Apple devices at full un-throttled speed , too.

Visible has no options for service in Mexico or Canada. Visible has no coverage in Alaska except Anchorage, Fairbanks and the highway in-between.

You can set up WiFi calling on a Visible phone and use it where there is WiFi but no Visible compatible cell signal. But you have to set up when on a Verizon cell tower BEFORE you need it.

If you need cell service in Alaska

If you turn on hotspot on your Visible phone ande connect via WiFi the data is speed limited to 5 megabits per second.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote