Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 07:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View 24V Bedroom TV no power

Stopped getting power to my bedroom tv. I have tried both with shore power and using inverter. I have ensured the power cord is plugged into back of TV, but the cords go down into the wall and I have no idea where it gets power. Is it DC only? AC? All lights and sockets work normally, I checked the fuse that I THOUGHT it was, it was okay, but only one fuse is labeled for TV and it says front TV.
Does the power cord go thru the walls under the driver's side rear bed somewhere? Are there other fuses somewhere I should be checking?

Thank you, Gary
gthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
bkg
Winnebago Owner

On my 2019 24V, the bedroom television is 110 volt and power is supplied either through inverter or direct shore power.
Here is the wiring diagram from my unit: https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2018/000110331.pdf
Depending on your year model it is likely similar. View page 6 for the schematic for 110 volt through the 24V coach.
Check your outlets at the bed when on 110 volt shore power, if they are dead as well check to make certain you are not on the inverter. If the inverter is on, power it off and the automatic switch will put you on direct 110 volt. If you have power bypassing the inverter, check the inverter and the outlet. The inverter GFCI could have tripped or the inverter faulted from overload.

Hope this helps.

Bobby
Old 06-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

There is no one specific wiring for all RV , so some basic info will be needed. It is possible that there is info online but we need specific year, make, model and at times, even the serial number as there are changes made mid-year. Post up some info for a start on pulling drawing.
Meanwhile, some guesses can be made. TV will almost always be 110AC but that AC sometimes does come from an inverter which make AC from DC from batteries and folks think it is Dc because it stops working when batteries are flat and the RV is not connected.
Not likely the cord is run down the wall as a safety item. If you know where there is an inverter, it sounds logical that there is a GFCI outlet on the inverter that needs to be reset.
Update info for better answers? It is nice to add that complete info on your signature for future questions as it is then posted to make any future questions go quicker.
NOTE: not all make models has the info online but it is a place to start.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My friend's view just had the same problem....it was the GFCI outlet in the outside storage compartment next to the steps....

good luck.
Dave-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all

Thank you all for these tips. Here is link to my wiring diagrams

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram..._524v_wire.htm

But I cannot make sense of these diagrams.

I have tried with both inverter on and off.
I have tried with battery power only and while plugged in to shore power.
I have checked the GFIC in the outdoor compartment by the steps
I have power to the nearby receptacle, but the TV is not plugged in to that receptacle. The 3 wires from TV go into a hole in the wall, two HDMI cables and the power cable, they run down by the corner of the bed. Next to the TV on off switch is a night light, that light does work fine.

Unit is now back in storage, I will retry all of your suggestions again. I am going to take my electrical testing device, forget exact name, to see if there is power coming from the little plug that goes into back of TV. I will have to re read manual on how to use this tester, used it only once.
gthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I'm not familiar with your precise layout but on our Via I found two access covers under in the plywood under the bed mattress. They provide access to a spaghetti bowl of wiring and plumbing lines. Perhaps there is an outlet in this "mechanical" area?
I too found that the bedroom TV is fed from the inverter that converts 12 volt battery power to 120 for the TV. If it is turned off or the GFI is tripped there is no power to the rear TV. There is a difference between the Voltage Converter that uses shore power to charge the 12 volt batteries and the Voltage Inverter that draws on the 12 volt power to create 120 volt for only a few devices when running on 12 volt. I think my inverter is only for 200 watts so it is limited in to which devices it can safely manage.
Geosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthatch View Post
Thank you all for these tips. Here is link to my wiring diagrams

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram..._524v_wire.htm

But I cannot make sense of these diagrams.

I have tried with both inverter on and off.
I have tried with battery power only and while plugged in to shore power.
I have checked the GFIC in the outdoor compartment by the steps
I have power to the nearby receptacle, but the TV is not plugged in to that receptacle. The 3 wires from TV go into a hole in the wall, two HDMI cables and the power cable, they run down by the corner of the bed. Next to the TV on off switch is a night light, that light does work fine.

Unit is now back in storage, I will retry all of your suggestions again. I am going to take my electrical testing device, forget exact name, to see if there is power coming from the little plug that goes into back of TV. I will have to re read manual on how to use this tester, used it only once.
With this info we can begin to look for specifics on your rv and ask some questions for you to check. No big thing on not being used to the electrical stuff, it's a bit like cooking in that we need to just know how to avoid being burned while we muddle through getting the eggs done!
So from the drawing link you posted, click on the "Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation/Diagram" to get to the part that covers the 110Ac for the bedroom. That's were we need you to look at the drawing to see if it actually matches what you have. Look down to page two and spot a recp labeled "TV prep"? Is that the one that you have and is out? Up high and behind the bathroom, maybe?
What you need to do is follow along the wiring kind of like a road map and see if the power is getting from one town (outlet?) to the next and so on until we find where it stopped before it gets to your TV!
Right now we don't know where that "hole in the road" might be but checking the easy stuff first will help.
Looking on down to page four and where C and 7 might cross, there is a different "roadmap" that shows where most all your 110 volt AC path goes.
See the TV prep? We assume that is dead, so checking other outlets that are easy to get to is where I would go. If the outlets on right and left of bed are also dead, I would check at the inverter or the breaker at the load center. Third breaker from the left, may be labeled, but click it off and back on to make sure it is not tripped. Sometimes not easy to spot one that is tripped but not showing it.
If the breaker is actually reset but no power to any of the outlets on the map, you need to find the inverter ( quite possible it needs reset or something).
On some models of your RV the inverter has a GFCI but you still have not told us what year, make and model you have, to see if yours does or not. Some of that model inverter do, some do not.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

TV voltage issues

I agree, page 4 of the 110 wiring diagrams shows the power to the inverter following through to lights and TV. The inverter is in the side storage bay and can be easily checked for operation. Other connections are listed as below the floor so I'd be checking voltage on the line voltage feed to the TV first and then tracing it back under the floor to see where it connects to the main feed off the inverter. These are likely 110 plug in outlets under the floor to prevent someone from trying to plug in a coffee maker or hair dryer as the inverter is not intended to handle that high a wattage.
FYI if running on batteries I will turn the inverter off to save on power if not using the TV. If left on by itself it will eventually drain the batteries as will the CO / propane sensors in your rig. for those to be disabled I need to use the battery disconnect switch or pull their fuse if storing the RV without a connection to shore power.
Geosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

On my 2015 24 v there are 2switches below the cabin light switches. One is for the floor light and the other the tv. If that is not the problem I would look for the gfci breaker on the inverter which is a problem I had on mine.
wd4kaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

We had this issue in our 2021 View 24D a few days ago.

The bathroom outlet is GFCI and someone had accidentally bumped it, not only taking out the bathroom outlets but also the outlet powering the TV. Resetting the GFCI brought power back to the TV.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power