Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2021, 07:39 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Maybe we'll lose it when 5G becomes universal and 4G LTE is discontinued like 3G was discontinued. Until then I'll be happy.

And, to address Clotus' question, I haven't given up anything, my plan hasn't changed except for my new "Bonus Data".
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post

And, to address Clotus' question, I haven't given up anything, my plan hasn't changed except for my new "Bonus Data".
That may be what’s hidden in the fine print. A couple years ago we switched to the “unlimited” data plan, which was around when they got away from a new phone every two years type deals, which our contact has built in, so we lost that. Not a big deal for us though. Like I said, sounds like a great deal and I sure wouldn’t pass it up. Shoot, I wish they would offer it to me, assuming no throttling.
Clotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #23
RVCalypso

We have used Verizon since the mid 90's. Back then cell phones were in a bag, then went to a brick, then a large handheld, then a flip, and finally a smart phone. About 1.5 years ago I watched Internet Mobile Resource's episode on Visible. We switched and now pay $25.00 per month for unlimited data, text and call. We are able to hotspot one device at a time. So, when camping we will hotspot the TV for my wife to watch her programs and I watch YouTube on my phone. Sometimes we hotspot her phone and hotspot my phone for two devices. Visible is a Verizon company. In 1.5 years I have noticed no difference in the quality of service. The only difference is a monthly savings in excess of $250. Internet Mobile Resource monitors this stuff daily and still recommends Visible.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:39 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurroz View Post
We are able to hotspot one device at a time.
If you buy a MiFi device you could remove the sim from one phone to install it in the MiFi and then connect all TVs, laptops, tablets, etc to the one device and use them all at the same time.

However, when you remove the sim from a phone you would lose the ability to use that phone. Of course, you could get a 3rd phone plan from visible and use that phone's sim card in a MiFi (Verizon Jetpack). Then you would have two phones, one for each of you, and a dedicated internet access device that works better and provides internet for everyone in the RV.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:00 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

I've also posted this on IVR2.com and there are reports from people who've found the offer on their online Verizon account even though they didn't receive the email. The most recent such poster was on a 10Gb/mo plan, so check your account (see my post #12 for details on how to check):

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/veri...ml#post5992442
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote