Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Using Outside speakers while watching TV on the outside of trailer

Hello,
We just purchased a 2021 Minnie. Is there a way to use the trailer sound system specifically the outside speakers while watching a TV hooked up on the outside of the trailer? We have yet to find a way? Please help!
coachdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure of your system, but it's likely a setting in the Jensen sound system which is probably near your TV. I believe that has three zones, one of which is outside.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply Goodspike. We have a conneXX sound system in the 2021 Minnie. The speakers outside work fine when the TV inside the trailer is playing. We are having trouble when the TV outside hooked up to cable or DVD playing. The sound does not come out of the speakers. I'm assuming maybe the outside TV is not hooked to the sound system through the cable. I'm looking for any suggestions.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

When you get it working, please be considerate of your fellow RVers and keep the volume at a reasonable level and observe quiet hours. I really don't like listening to others' TV shows and music while camping.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

BobC
Always you don't have to worry about that. I'm just trying to see what we need to do to get it to work as the dealer had told us it would work.We haven't taken it out yet as we just got it over the weekend.
Thanks,
Old 08-25-2020, 08:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Have you checked the sound system and/or tv setting to see if there is a way to select where it plays?
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdude2 View Post
Thanks for the reply Goodspike. We have a conneXX sound system in the 2021 Minnie. The speakers outside work fine when the TV inside the trailer is playing. We are having trouble when the TV outside hooked up to cable or DVD playing. The sound does not come out of the speakers. I'm assuming maybe the outside TV is not hooked to the sound system through the cable. I'm looking for any suggestions.
Thank you for the further explanation. I've never had a TV outside, so I'm not familiar with the wiring and can't help. It would need some sort of way to send the audio signal back to inside and then out, so perhaps it's not possible with the wiring.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

What model Connexx do you have. Model number should be on the back or bottom of the system?

Do you have 3 buttons, like A, B & C on the front of the Connexx? Those are Zone buttons, if you have them, and need to be pressed to play in that zone. The remote control has zone buttons also. Just thinking out loud!
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
When you get it working, please be considerate of your fellow RVers and keep the volume at a reasonable level and observe quiet hours. I really don't like listening to others' TV shows and music while camping.
Indeed.

We have outside speakers on our 2018 Fuse and one of the first things I did was turn them off. I go boondocking to enjoy the peace and quiet of nature and the last thing I would do is play music or TV outside my RV. Not only do I not want to listen to it but I am sure any neighbors would also not want to listen to the noise just as much as I don't want to listen to their TV or music.

Personally I would be happy if the manufacturers stopped installing outside TVs and speakers.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Tv/ radio switch

We have a 2020 Sunstar with an outside tv. In the outside tv compartment, there is a switch labeled TV/radio. Tv is to listen to the tv using the outside speakers. Radio is to listen to the radio.
NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Oh yeah.. your park neighbors are gonna love you for that!
Pauldridge is offline   Reply With Quote