Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know how to tell which of the TV wiring diagrams go with your coach? There are 9 pages in the diagrams Winnebago provides, but 5 of them are labeled "Seires Diagram" followed by a letter code, either D,F,G,P or S, and since none of them look remotely like by 40AD layout, I am stumped.

In attempting to fix a satellite problem last week I let a Dish tech look at the installation wiyh my co-pilot while I was gone on a business trip. He proceeds to pull the rf modulator and wiring out and says we don't need it (!) and then discovers he can't fix the dish problem. So, though I now have cable, I stll have no satellite and am at a loss for how to put the parts back (are you getting the drift here, that technically I am a tad deficient?).

Anyway, if someone can decipher which diagram fits our Vectra 40AD, that will be a start.

05 Vectra 40 AD
RanchoVectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know how to tell which of the TV wiring diagrams go with your coach? There are 9 pages in the diagrams Winnebago provides, but 5 of them are labeled "Seires Diagram" followed by a letter code, either D,F,G,P or S, and since none of them look remotely like by 40AD layout, I am stumped.

In attempting to fix a satellite problem last week I let a Dish tech look at the installation wiyh my co-pilot while I was gone on a business trip. He proceeds to pull the rf modulator and wiring out and says we don't need it (!) and then discovers he can't fix the dish problem. So, though I now have cable, I stll have no satellite and am at a loss for how to put the parts back (are you getting the drift here, that technically I am a tad deficient?).

Anyway, if someone can decipher which diagram fits our Vectra 40AD, that will be a start.

05 Vectra 40 AD
Old 02-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Phil - I thought I remember the floor plan being ID'ed on the diagram... I'll take a look on mine and let you know.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Phil, the Vectra is "S" series. Don't know if that helps, but maybe it narrows it down a bit...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sheet 6 of this pdf says it's for an S40AD. Don't know your floorplan well enough to know if that's right.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

what type of dish and sat reciever do you have?
the new models are wired different? such as the tracvison r6..
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Guys, thanks a ton for the responses. Tom, you found the right file - I thought I had the right one downloaded, but none of them showed the TV in the correct relation to the DVD player and cabinets in my file, while the one you sent was spot-on.

I am on the road tonight, but now I'll have something to work with when I get back Thursday. Thanks again for the prompt replies, I can always count on the iRV2 crew to help out.

John, when's your next road trip - I always look forward to following your little red lines across the map!

05 Vectra 40 AD