Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV Satellite Receiver Connection to Rear TV

I was trying to connect my 2019 Winnebago TV to Satellite Receiver and it appears it's not wired. Anyone else have this problem.

Steve
ednasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednasteve View Post
I was trying to connect my 2019 Winnebago TV to Satellite Receiver and it appears it's not wired. Anyone else have this problem.

Steve
what makes you think that it's not wired. there are wireless options.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

It totally depends on what model and year of Winnebago you have. Many don't have any Sat TV prewire. What model?
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

YUP! this is the link to 2019 wiring info and some do show the TV coax wiring but it is a very large minefield without knowing which one!!

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes. I have 2021 2208ds. Although there are exterior inputs for cable and satellite, you can only use one at a time because only one of the outside inputs is wired. I got antenna/cable switch with two coax inputs and one output. Put cable on one input and satellite on other. Set switch to one you want to view. Attach output to the exterior coax that is live, either cable or sattelite. Drawback is you have to go outside to switch the adaptor back and forth depending which input you want to view. Advantage is you do Not have to unscrew one cable and screw on the other to change viewing source.
woodsyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:28 PM   #6
The "doghouse" .....

ednasteve ...... yes, I also had that problem. Forget the wireless option ..... it was well over $1000 to purchase. I had a 2018 Winnebago Fuse and we never got satellite back to the beds TV. Before going back to bed to watch TV we used to run an hdmi cable from the TV to a splitter and that did work, but you had a cable then running from the TV through the kitchen area and into the switch box behind the main TV .... not optimal at all. The fix is to run an hdmi to the switch splitter box (they are pretty cheap) but trying to do that and keep it hidden evaded my wiring skills.
djmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite