Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

According to my very rusty trig the TV would only be 13 1/2 inches tall if the diagonal was 32 inches and the width was 29 inches. I don't think you will find what you want.

I let mine overlap and cut 1/4 inch off the cabinet door on each side.
It's not noticeable at all.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Most of the 32" LED,s are about 30-31 inches wide,(several right at 30.25") and about 18-20 inches high. This is the tv frame dimension. These are all the sets I could find at Costco, Walmart, Sams, and Best Buy. I,m sure there are others I missed. There is about a 1.25" space on each side for overlap before you hit the glass cabinet. It seems a lot of the Winnies have the same 29.25" width after the old set is out. This would allow most of the 32,s to fit nicely and allow for a reasonable overlap before contacting the opening glass cabinet door. The project took me about 3 days and like many others have said thats due to a lot of trips back and forth to Lowes,s and costco for measurements and screws and bolts etc. I put a piece of plywood on the back of the tv and a piece on each side where the old set pulled out of bolted in to the existing metal. I then hung the set from above from 2 existing brackets with plumbers tape. This held the set in position while I used a joist hanger on its side to anchor the set to walls of the existing cabinet. Its got good vertical and side support. I found a light colored piece of fiberboard that I used to cover the hole on the bottom. First made a template from the cardboard box then traced the outline on the fiberboard. Would like to post pics but not sure how to do it. Thats another project.- John
pattcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

The subject of the "wart" discussed by CBEIREL above caught my attention. I'm not sure I understand the last sentence. Does connecting through the "wart" require an adjustable audio signal input? If so, and if there is no adjustable audio output available on your TV, what does the statement "just transferred the 'wart' to the new TV" mean? Is is somehow connected to the new TV? If so how?
Does anyone know if there is any documentation available on the surround sound system in the Winnebago coaches? Does Winnebago provide any sort of technical support on such issues? Has anyone ever contacted them with questions about the surround sound system. I am replacing the main TV in a 2003 Adventurer and am wondering how to deal with the surround sound issue. I would think that Winnebago would be using flat panel TVs in their most recent coaches and would have some info on how they are integrating them with the surround sound systems. Hopefully, they will share this info. Thanks much for any comment on this subject. AMW
seabreezeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

seabreezeal...I am not really sure Winnebago is showing anything on a "wart" on any technical support site. I just pulled out my 27" Analog Sony (BRICK) and a wart like device was attached "in line (cut into the wire)" to the audio out wires (the white/red RCA plugs) going out to surround system. I just pulled the audio out RCA plug from the Sony...plugged this into my new flat screen audio out...an "voila" surround sound works! No need to disassemble the back of the new TV an hot solder (sp) wires. Just an idea. Maybe yours is similar.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement