Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TV radio switch what does it do or control

My front Mag radio in my 2008 Tour is popping and cracking on the left channel. I am wonder what does the Radio/TV switch do. There are only to wires connected to it. Does it control a amplifier or does it control some relays somewhere. The speakers are fine. The sound from the DVD play sounds fine.

If there is a amplifier where is it. Or relays where are they and what are the called?

Thanks
Doug O
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The TV/Radio switch should select either the TV or the Radio sound to be directed to the sound system.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The question is how does it direct the sound?
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-tip View Post
The question is how does it direct the sound?
I believe it switchs the audio output from either the radio or the TV to your surround sound amplifier. My amplifier is located in the Left front compartment by the 12V fuse panel .

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

TV/Radio switch

My TV/radio switch has NO wires connected to it. I sense that this is a problem. The add-on speaker system works with the radio, so maybe the radio is the default system? There are a few extra wires floating around, but the switch has small connector tabs, and the loose wires have standard sized push-on connectors. The add-on speakers do not work with the TV, and I'm reluctant to just plug stuff in and see if I blow the amp.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I believe the TV/Radio switch provides a 12VDC signal down to the surround sound amplifier that tells it to switch inputs. There are no relays involved. The output of the radio feeds input "A" on the amplifier and the output of the TV feeds input "B" of the amplifier. If no signal is sent to the amplifier from the switch (as would be the case if the wires were disconnected) then the amplifier defaults to input "A". When the 12VDC signal is sent to the amplifier (from the switch) then the amplifier switches to input "B".
jdefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

TV/Radio switch

That makes sense. So I just have to identify the 12v line. I have two yellows and a white (the white just ends, no terminal) so probably the yellows run to/from the switch. We were up off the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah this weekend, and were too high to get a signal, so not a problem. Next trip is the WIT VA Rally in New Market, so need to get the TV functional. Probably won't get much time to watch it, but it needs to be ready.

Tags
radio