Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TripTek

I bought a 2004 Itasca Meridian equipped with a TripTek coputer. The brochure say's that it should display on our backup monitor.

Unfortunately it does not and very difficult to read on the green mono chrome display. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you
mtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Green monochrome display sounds like you're looking at the Freightliner Information Center display (check this writeup on John Canfield's website: FTL Info Center) rather than the backup monitor.

Here's a link to a TripTek manual (don't know if that's precisely the one you have, however) that may prove helpful.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Smile Thank you

Thank you for the information. It is the Freightliner Information Center, now the challenge of finding one.

Thank you again
Old 05-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

This thread might prove helpful: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/whos...er-160621.html .

Old 05-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtorres View Post
I bought a 2004 Itasca Meridian equipped with a TripTek coputer. The brochure say's that it should display on our backup monitor.

Unfortunately it does not and very difficult to read on the green mono chrome display. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you
mtorres,
Well Sir, we have the sister ship to yours. It's the '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the 330 CAT. And, yes, the Trip Tek system is and "overlay" system in that, it will display information, on your back up camera monitor. If your system is working correctly, you'll have a couple of selection buttons to push, to display different kinds of information and, also, to change the way it's displayed. That is, it displays in different quality fonts, filled in, no filled, outlined, opaque background and a couple of more. And, you can simply basically turn it "off" so that, there's nothing on the monitor but the time and date. Upon engine startup and, getting ready to roll down the road, it will automatically display a "travel check list". That is, it will have a "check list" of things to check off, prior to actually putting the rig into "Drive".

But, again, if the system it working right, you should get engine info like oil pressure, temp, turbo boost, and more, I've forgotten all that's displayed at the push of the buttons.

And, yes, you're also talking about the "Information Center" LCD. That unit, as I and many others have discussed, if not updated to the more recent model, is very difficult to read in its present position on the dash and, it's quality of display. The angle of projection from which it's mounted on the dash, is like the early flat screen TVs. If you got just a little bit off of dead center viewing it, the picture obscured and was not viewable.

But, for a measly "$269.00" (I think), you can (at least you used to be able to when I purchased my replacement) get a new, better designed and updated Information Center that's viewable from much, much more acute angles and, a brighter, stronger display. It works even better if you put the parking/running lights on, even in the day time. Because those lights are tied into that information center.

I haven't gone back and read my old thread and answering posts completely but, there might be an address to either call or, email to, to get a new information center. That information center will display many parameters of engine operation. It also displays engine voltage at startup and, also "low air warning" if your system has lost air during storage, as ours does. So, while it's a bit on the expensive side, it's nice piece of hardware to have for displaying of info. Hope this helps some.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
mtorres,
Well Sir, we have the sister ship to yours. It's the '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the 330 CAT. And, yes, the Trip Tek system is and "overlay" system in that, it will display information, on your back up camera monitor. If your system is working correctly, you'll have a couple of selection buttons to push, to display different kinds of information and, also, to change the way it's displayed. That is, it displays in different quality fonts, filled in, no filled, outlined, opaque background and a couple of more. And, you can simply basically turn it "off" so that, there's nothing on the monitor but the time and date. Upon engine startup and, getting ready to roll down the road, it will automatically display a "travel check list". That is, it will have a "check list" of things to check off, prior to actually putting the rig into "Drive".

But, again, if the system it working right, you should get engine info like oil pressure, temp, turbo boost, and more, I've forgotten all that's displayed at the push of the buttons.

And, yes, you're also talking about the "Information Center" LCD. That unit, as I and many others have discussed, if not updated to the more recent model, is very difficult to read in its present position on the dash and, it's quality of display. The angle of projection from which it's mounted on the dash, is like the early flat screen TVs. If you got just a little bit off of dead center viewing it, the picture obscured and was not viewable.

But, for a measly "$269.00" (I think), you can (at least you used to be able to when I purchased my replacement) get a new, better designed and updated Information Center that's viewable from much, much more acute angles and, a brighter, stronger display. It works even better if you put the parking/running lights on, even in the day time. Because those lights are tied into that information center.

I haven't gone back and read my old thread and answering posts completely but, there might be an address to either call or, email to, to get a new information center. That information center will display many parameters of engine operation. It also displays engine voltage at startup and, also "low air warning" if your system has lost air during storage, as ours does. So, while it's a bit on the expensive side, it's nice piece of hardware to have for displaying of info. Hope this helps some.
Scott
Scott,

I appreciate all the information you have provided me. I located a "new" display model # is1539-10207-0 September 2006 date on it, it is from a private party and wonder if you could confirm that this is the correct display?

Thank you sir,
Mike
Old 05-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtorres View Post
Scott,

I appreciate all the information you have provided me. I located a "new" display model # is1539-10207-0 September 2006 date on it, it is from a private party and wonder if you could confirm that this is the correct display?

Thank you sir,
Mike
Here's a link to a pdf of the FCC Service Solution that documents this upgrade: iRV2 Forums - Files - FreightlinerInfoCenter.pdf

From this doc:
Freightliner p/n KYS-15391020711 – direct parts supercession for original part KYS-15391018101.