Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

The XiteSolutions XSG2NA-X1S radio display is more than disappointing

Our 2014 Winnebago Itasca Cambria 27K came with a horrendous aftermarket radio, a XiteSolutions XSG2NA-X1S. Winnebago should be ashamed of this thing. I say horrendous because the screen is unusable during the day. The unit's display brightness even at the highest setting isn't bright enough to overcome the glare from the sun, even on a cloudy day. I bought the NuSheild DayVue screen film but it didn't make a difference. I am debating tinting the side windows but I doubt that will help either since it won't do anything for the light coming in from the windshield either.

I have a Jeep Wrangler with the factory navigation head unit and even in the middle of the summer, with the top off (which it is most of the summer), that thing's display is 100% viewable in all light conditions so I know that someone knows how to build touch screen displays correctly.

Because Ford builds convertibles and they put a factory navigation unit in then, I am thinking about dropping the money for the Ford factory navigation unit. It is supposed to support a rear view camera so it should work. I'm thinking it should actually be a plug and play thing.

So, has anyone replaced the XiteSolutions X1S with the Ford radio, or with something else?
tfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hmmmm. I'd have it checked out. My 2012 Xite is great. The only difference I have seen is that you have a larger screen. I have no problem with sun glare. If you do pull it out, let me know, I would be interested in it.
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertman View Post
Hmmmm. I'd have it checked out. My 2012 Xite is great. The only difference I have seen is that you have a larger screen. I have no problem with sun glare. If you do pull it out, let me know, I would be interested in it.

I'm not sure who could check it. I don't think the dealer I bought my RV from is capable of checking it properly, and visiting the Winnebago factory is out of the question right now.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I do not have any problem viewing my XSG2NA-X1S 6. Have you tried adjusting the contrast along with the brightness?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Does the display dim with the cab's instrument dimmer? Perhaps they mis-wired something and it's constantly in dim mode even if your headlights aren't on? Just guessing here...
Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Checked the contrast. No settings for contrast in system settings, but there is one in the video settings. I think that is probably for when watching a video though I will try and check it again in the daylight. Display doesn't dim with the cab dimmer. Should it?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ours is OK in the 2014 Adventurer. Possibly the position in the dash. Not sure if it dims when headlights are on but should be an adjustment for that. We charge the toad battery via the RV tail light switch so can't see the dash info for the chassis. Also hard to read the speedometer because of glare. Use the Nav system for that instead. That's a problem with my aging eyes and not Ford. The nav in our CRV has the problem you describe for about an hour or two each day. Depends on what direction we are traveling. We rely on voice prompts during that time. Are you sure a Ford convertible doesn't have the same problem? If not, find out what they put over the screen to prevent it.
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio