Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

speakers not working

I replaced the TV in my 2003 Adventurer 35U with a phillips LCD. I removed the VCR at that time. I connected my DVD player directly to the TV bypassing the TV control center. There was a 15amp high quality noise suppressor isolation transformer NS20 connected to the audio out jacks of the old TV. The new TV only had the single orange digital audio out jack so I tried connecting the NS20 to the audio out jacks of the dvd. But I had no sound from the speakers when using the dvd.
I then found my in dash radio M9900 had no power. I was already planning to replace that with a M3300 so I went ahead and did that. I had no power to the new unit either. I tried connecting it directly to the battery and it powered up but I have no sound through the speakers with the switch to radio either.
I know the radio problems have to be connected with the TV replacement but I am totally lost as to what to try next. Everything worked fine before. Appreciate any advice.
Jenny Allen
jkallen1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the forum.
On my Journey there are two switches that must be in the correct position for the RV speakers to work. One is in the compartment next to TV and the switch is marked TV/Radio and it has to be in the TV position. There is another rocker switch on the dash and that is labeled something like aux radio power. That one needs to be in the aux position. I don't know if yours has the same stitches but if it does you can try that.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I have those switches too. Unfortunately I've tried them in every combination. But thank you anyway.
jkallen1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2002 Itasca 35 U and replaced my original TV with a 32" VIZIO and am having the same problem. All I replaced was the TV and removed the 15 amp high noise suppressor. The surround sound was working fine before I changed it. Switches are in the correct position. I hooked up the audio cables as with the old TV. I can't figure out what I'm missing.
nsjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Did you remove and reinstall what they call the wart when you replaced the tv....its inside the old tv and attached to the speakers ....with outlets that you plug into...

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Scroll down to my earlier thread titled "this may save you money and time" which I posted a few weeks ago. Read the thread and perhaps this could be your problem. Your experience sounds like what happened to me. Feel free to PM me if you need more info. Good luck.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I pluged in the the red and white audio cables with and without the 15 amp and that didn't work. I also tried the same thing with the red,white and yellow cables and that didn't work either. I didn't think to take the old TV apart (I'm not a TV repairman as you can tell) because the Vizio had what appears to be the same hookups available, the audio (red and white) and the component cables red,white and yellow).
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Your new TV probably needed to have a variable audio output, in order for you to use the current Winny Surround Sound. If not you will have to take the back off the TV and wire the Wart to the speakers. There are other articles out there on this issue.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the input/responses. The "wart" I have is about the size of "D" battery and won't fit inside my TV. The only input to the TV I have is the cable. Everything else is output to the DVD/VCR. I do have a PC audio output but don't know/where/what to plug it in to. The "distribution" box info I have doesn't help.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I can't/don't know how to get to your thread nor do I know how to "pm" you.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Check out this thread on IRV2
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/fron...ong-97514.html
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

To make this work properly, as mentioned above, it's best that your new TV have variable line outputs. They are RCA plugs that are red and white. Before selecting a TV look at the specs and confirm this. I just upgraded mine and out of 12 potential candidates, there were only 3-4 that had this. On my old one (2001), I didnt have the "wart". The old RCA that I removed had line out RCA jacks already so it was quite simple. The only other way to get variable output is from the speaker itself which on the new LCD or LED TV's is not very easy...
Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #13

Mine needed a Opital Audio Cable that is more like a very thin wire with a funck very small square plug that goes from Optical auido ""out" on the TV to Optical audio "in" on the entertainment surround sound system
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

If you tv has a headphone jack buy a cable that plus into it and y's off to rca and a couple of rca unions and problem solved.
NO1RAINH20 is offline   Reply With Quote