Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2022, 03:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sirius Radio

Hi all,

I really appreciate all of the helpful information on this site. I am not new to Sirius radio (I love it) and want to connect Sirius. I see a Sirius icon on the entertainment center screen, but am unable to connect. I don't see a radio ID either.

Any suggestions how to do this?

Thank you in advance!
Ann
Cocoa Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
do you have an account with Sirius?

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:17 PM   #3
Site Team

The real question is… do you have a Sirius/XM receiver attached to your infotainment system?

Without that the logo is there for a feature you don’t have installed.

We have no idea what RV you have? What model year? Nor what infotainment system you have?

Did you buy your RV new? Or used? Do you have a list of installed options?

So, finding out all of this is the place to start. If you know you have or are supposed to have the receiver installed then it’s likely not connected to your system.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sirius

Hi,

I just brought home a 2022 Vista 29k new.... I do have a Sirius account for my other vehicle. I just traded in a Class C and I was trying to swap the new one to my account. I tried it from the Sirius side and the VIN didn't come up.

I'm not sure what type of infotainment system I have. I will review all of the information and speak with the dealer.

Thank you!
Cocoa Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Cocoa Rebel, your public profile says you have a Vista 29V, but not what year.

In your owner's bag that came with your RV, you should have the build sheet with options. It should indicate if your Vista was built with the SiriusXM option or not. Or another way to tell: If you have the option from up on the roof you will see a square SiriusXM antenna centered on the top of the front cap with a lot of sealant around it. You won't be able to see it standing on the ground.

The SiriusXM option consists of the rooftop antenna with a cable run down to behind the in-dash radio. There's a SiriusXM dongle that the antenna cable is plugged into, and dongle also has a multi-wire cable that gets plugged into a SiriusXM expansion dongle connector on the back of the infotainment system.

If you have the dongle, they you will have a choice on the radio touch screen main menu for Sat Radio. You tune to channel 0 and it will display your SiriusXM Radio ID and you can use that to subscribe. Even if you are not subscribed, you can confirm it's set up if you can tune to channel 0 and get that broadcast if the antenna is connected and has a clear view of the sky. There can also be a couple of other SiriusXM channels that work if not subscribed, too, from time to time.

If you have SiriusXM option there likely was promotional material in the owner's bag to activate the radio for a period of time for free to get you to try it out and hopefully keep when the trial ran out.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 01:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hi Cocoa. We purchased our 2021 22M last year and it came with a Winnebago installed Sony Radio setup. It had the Sirrus icon, however, it didn’t come with the Sirrus prep package. It was a $185 option, that whoever spec’d the unit didn’t order. So my dealer arranged to have it installed aftermarket. It works great, BUT, since the antenna wasn’t installed at the factory, the antenna wire had to be run outside of the RV. They did a really good job of trying to make the antenna wire hidden, but it’s still visible. It works great, so this may be what is happening with yours.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:59 PM   #7
Proud “No Intent” Owner

The Sirius antenna likes to be touching metal, as it uses the entire vehicle as a boost to its antenna, according to them.

That’s hard to do on a fiberglass shell RV, so I just mounted the antenna above the radio, and on a metal bar, hidden under a plastic dash piece, It’s works good, though occasionally while driving the signal fades in and out…
Old 02-15-2022, 06:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I forgot to mention, but once you get your Sirius installed, tune to channel 1 and that will show your Sirius radio ID.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 04:47 PM   #9
rvjimbo

If you already have a SiriusXM account, you get the app for free on your phone.. just use your phone on Bluetooth, CarPlay,android play, or a direct auxiliary cable. No additional money!
rvjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

2019 Vista 29VE Sirius Install

My new Vista didn't come with a Sirius receiver. I bought one added to my existing account and installed it. My radio receiver was Sirius ready. I initially put the antenna on the roof which was an ugly install and eventually cut the wire running out of the window and along the awning strut. Now I just put the antenna on my dash and mostly it works fine there.
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio