Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2005, 04:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Since I got such great help from you guys before, I like to try again.

My new Journey 36G is equipped with a Wingard AS-2303 Satelite System. I can not find any wiring in the overhead compartments to connect a satelite receiver to.

Also, I can not make the DVD player work with the bedroom TV. Following the sparse instructions, I play the DVD and push the buttom for VHS in the Bedroom 2 set of controls, but nothing happens. The only way to make my front DVD work is to play the DVD and switch the TV to video. Pushing the various buttoms on the video controller seem to make no difference.

Has anyone had the same issues and figured them out? We are in a park in Miami right now while shopping for a house, so taking it to a dealer is not a real option.

Thanks in advance!!

Wolfgang
05 Journey
Old 09-11-2005, 04:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Since I got such great help from you guys before, I like to try again.

My new Journey 36G is equipped with a Wingard AS-2303 Satelite System. I can not find any wiring in the overhead compartments to connect a satelite receiver to.

Also, I can not make the DVD player work with the bedroom TV. Following the sparse instructions, I play the DVD and push the buttom for VHS in the Bedroom 2 set of controls, but nothing happens. The only way to make my front DVD work is to play the DVD and switch the TV to video. Pushing the various buttoms on the video controller seem to make no difference.

Has anyone had the same issues and figured them out? We are in a park in Miami right now while shopping for a house, so taking it to a dealer is not a real option.

Thanks in advance!!

Wolfgang
05 Journey
Old 09-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Just push the dvd switch for the bedroom tv and make sure the bedroom tv is set to ch 3.
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well, that sounds easy...but no go

The video controler has only a VHS position but according to the instructions that should do it.

I will call Winnebago tomorrow and see if they can offer any help.

Thanks for the help offerd! Any more hints out there?

Wolfgang
05 Journey
BMW K1200LT in tow
Old 09-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

To make the DVD display you select the "video" input on your TV. That is the way mine works too. That means that the DVD player is directly connected to the front TV via composite video and audio (RCA) plugs. The switch panel only switches coax connections, those that use an RF modulator at CH3 or CH4.

The VCR section may have a seperate RF output that drives the other TVs. Can you view VHS tapes on the rear TV?
Old 09-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I just went out and checked my setup. Just as I said. I puta a dvd in and pressed play, just to make sure i made sure i had a picture on the front tv by selecting the video switch on the tv. I then went to video controler and on tv2 i set it to vcr, then went to bedroom tv and the tv had to be on ch3 to get a picture, all worked fine.

As for the satellite connector it is in the compartment above the drivers seat on the top shelf you will find a connector at the rear of the shelf, you may have to stand on the seat to find it with a flashlite. the power cord will drop down thru a hole to the botton shelf to a plug also in the rear of shelf.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I can view everything, vcr,dvd,cable and sat all on the front or rear tv. Just as i explained. Do not try to use the video on the rear set, use the remote and punch in 03.

Did you find the connector for the sat box?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again,

I have to assume that something is not plugged in correctly. No matter what buttoms I push on the video controller, nothing changes. Also I can not find any wiring to hook up the satelite receiver. Seems like it is time to take things apart and trace cables

05 Journey 36G
BMW K1200LT in Tow
Old 09-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Sure sounds like something wasn't hooked up on the DVD or controller box.

You should have the satellite hookups though. As someone else mentioned, you really do have to stand on the driver's seat and look at the forward wall of the cabinet above the driver. There should be a small hookup panel at the top, right of that cabinet (above the top shelf). I'm 6' tall and I absolutely can not see it standing on the floor. And it's so dark back in there that the flashlight is required too...good hunting!!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks!

I did find the panel. I was looking for loose wires...

Next step is to get the satelite receiver and figure out what is wrong with the controller hook ups.

As several times before this board has been a great resource.

Thanks

Wolfgang

05 Journey 36G
BMW K1200LT in tow