Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I would like to replace the vcr with a combination vcr/disc player. Has anyone done this and what problems did you have?
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would like to replace the vcr with a combination vcr/disc player. Has anyone done this and what problems did you have?
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I replaced mine with a combo vcr/dvd player. The one thing to make sure you look out for is getting the most low profile unit you can find since the unit fits in the top portion of the cabinet you still need room to insert the dvd disc. I bought the "Go video" model at Costco. The wires in the back of the unit you pull out should be 3 rca cables ( red, white and yellow tips)plug them into the "out to tv" feed on the new unit. You can't use a coax cable on the combo unit since it has dvd. My coach is a 2003 Horizon and it hooked right up. Just remember to get a low profile unit due to the space you have to work with. I also added some stick on velcro to hold it down like the factory unit had on it.
Trevs push-her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I put the same unit, (GoVideo), in mine, also purchased from Costco. It just fits, with room enough to carefully insert the CD in the tray. Would have been nice to find a unit with the CD tray positioned lower on the front, which would give more room to work, but I couldn't find anything. I could have put it over the driver's seat, where the Sat. receiver is, but this worked out ok.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:20 AM   #5
Jim
Winnebago Owner

i just replaced my vcr/dvd for the second time..i bought an inexpensive emerson at walmart and previously had a samsung ..they hook up the same as the vcr..coax cable to the vcr in and out..and the three red yellow and white rca cables to the respective sockets on the back of the vcr/dvd..both units were about 3 inches longer than the original vcr so i made a black facing ,removed the screws holding the inverter facing and attached both with the same screws..also held it down with velcro..jim
Old 01-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have done exactly what you want to do, take the VCR out, and install a combo unit, DVD and VCR player. Cable go to back of unit, as they did with the old unit. Not a problem.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I did the same on my 02 Horizon. JVC model HR-XVC20U. Fits perfect...easy hookup.
3huskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:26 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I did the same on my '03 Suncruiser. I replaced the cheap RCA VCR with a JVC combo unit. I have a number of these in various locations at home and JVC has never let me down quality-wise. My biggest problem was that the OEM RCA VCR was narrow and the JVC was full size, so I had to widen the metal shelf it was Velcro'd onto.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote