Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Replacing the TV

Hi all...I have a 2011 Sightseer 35J and attempting to replace the TV in the main coach behind the dinette. I can't seem to be able to remove or get behind the existing unit. Has someone else been able to figure out how to remove the existing TV and replace? Please advise...and thank you in advance!

Chris
ccwinnie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Looking it over at this link for the "parts catalog" and I now have some thoughts:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Drilling down to this for your specific RV:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2011/17593003.htm

First let me make sure we are speaking of the correct TV, as in the first picture?
If looking at the one I've marked, we can zoom in and get a better look at the mount and two thoughts might work.
The second picture shows what they term "TV mount".
Going closer we can see what looks like might be a metal bracket that "might" need to be pushed up from below at the center of the TV bottom???
Or there is also a long strip of metal which they call a "clip" which might have screws to access below the TV and let it come off the wall????

My thoughts are that it may need to be released from the bracket pushing up on the metal "tab" or it may need screws taken out to take to tilt the bracket off the wall.

Good luck, hope that helps a bit!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	178189   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv-1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	178190  

Attached Images

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes, that's the setup that I have! I very much appreciate your suggestions and I will see if I can find enough space to get to either/both the metal lever and screws. That seems to be the issue, that there's just not enough space to get fingers or tools to where one needs to reach. Regardless, I'll give it a shot and circle back to update the thread. Thanks again!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Agree on the space problem. OPn my RV there are three screws at the top and an angle strip at the bottom. so you remove the screws at top and tilt forward to remove but the trick is that you have a cabinet above and can't get your head in to see those screws, making it a "remote by feel" thing but once I knew there were screws there, I did get it done.
Sometimes it really is just knowing the trick!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Very helpful...thanks again, Richard!
Old 04-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I don't know your layout but in our Via the only way to unfasten the TV from it's sliding bracket is by removing the bathroom mirror which gives access to the back of the TV.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:05 PM   #7
Site Team

I think it will be like Richards with a couple of wood trim strips that need removed either on the side of the TV or on the top of the TV.

Winnebago likes to make these really well attached. There are hundreds of commercial mounting systems they could have use that would make it easy to remove but they persist in designing a proprietary mount and then building all the metal parts in house.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwinnie71 View Post
Yes, that's the setup that I have! I very much appreciate your suggestions and I will see if I can find enough space to get to either/both the metal lever and screws. That seems to be the issue, that there's just not enough space to get fingers or tools to where one needs to reach. Regardless, I'll give it a shot and circle back to update the thread. Thanks again!

Try gently lifting up on the bottom of the TV. Often, that helps reveal the mounting mechanisms.
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote