Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Replace Lounge TV - 2012 Vista 30T

Hi everyone,

We just picked up a used 2012 30T in very good condition and wish to do a few upgrades. One is the replace the current flat screen TV mounted on top of the buffet cabinet with a newer one that supports WiFi, streaming, etc.

I cannot figure out how to remove the existing one. I’m familiar with mounting flat screens as I’ve done it several times in home but cannot seem to see enough behind this one to figure it out.

Also looking to replace the 19” in the back bedroom with same question. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ric
Old 08-27-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

So just in case it benefits anyone else in the future on this, I figured it out.

42” flat screen mounted to wall above buffet/table option, drivers side lounge. Removed the window side valance on both sides of tv just to have better sight and hand access to rear. There are two 9/16” bolts holding the tv to the wall bracket. Need to figure out the best combination of socket/extension to be able to reach bolt with ratchet from under tv. Too short - won’t reach bolt. Too long - won’t be able to remove ratchet after loosening bolt. Once those are out, gently lift tv up from bottom so clips in top of bracket clear, then swing bottom out and away.

New tv should be much lighter than the current one from 2012.

Tags
ace, replace