Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rename SSID/Password on Built in Hotspot

I have a 2021 Ford Minnie Winnie 22R built on a Ford E350 chassis. I was able to set up an AT&T unlimited hotspot through the FordConnect and AT&T apps. It works great for unlimited hotspot at least while vehicle is on. This is not set up using the FORD Sync3 system since it is not available on my Sony XAV-AX8000 radio system that came with the RV. I want to change the hotspot name but have no way to access the modem. I've called Ford, Winnabego, the RV dealer and AT&T and no one can tell me how to access the modem to make changes. I have a feeling that Winnabego added some type of on-board modem during the manufacturing process but two service reps at Winnabego have zero knowledge of this. Has anyone else had experience with the modem that comes with the E350 and the Minnie Winnie.
Chauptma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
Site Team

I've not heard of any Winnebago installed hotspot and doubt that they have done so.

Ford can do that and it could be hardwired into your vehicle or a simple ORBII plug in unit. I would guess that info would be in your vehicle owner's manual packet - not the Winnebago manuals - the Ford manuals in the glove box or wherever those are on your chassis.

It's mostly a guess but this should work like any other ATT hotspot.

Quote:
Connect to your Hotspot on your phone or tablet or even laptop
Open a web browser on the phone or tablet (or laptop)
In a new blank brower tab, type http://attwifimanager/ or http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
You will be taken to the AT&T Router Login Page.
Enter the ADMIN password to continue. The default password for AT&T Routers is attadmin. (The password is case-sensitive)
Once you enter the correct password, you will be logged into the AT&T Router Settings page. You can manage all the settings of the router from there.

How to change the AT&T Router Wi-Fi Password and SSID?

All of the new routers come with Wi-Fi Network Name and Password pre-configured. For security reasons, all of you are advised to change the Wi-Fi network SSID and Password as soon as possible to make sure that your router is protected. If you are a newbie who doesn’t know how to change the password then you have come to the right place.

You can change the SSID and password of your Wi-Fi network in just a few moments and below is detailed guidance on how you can do so:

Change Wi-Fi Network Password:

Here is how you can change the Wi-Fi Password on AT&T Routers:

Once logged in, you will be on the home page. Now, go to Settings > Wi-Fi from the left-side menu.
In the Main Wi-Fi Network section, find the WiFi Password field.
In the Wi-Fi password field, type the new Wi-Fi Password.
Click on Apply.
The Wi-Fi Password will be changed and you will have to reconnect to the WiFi network from all the previously connected devices.

Change Wi-Fi Network Name/SSID:

Here is how you can change the Wi-Fi Network Name/SSID on AT&T Routers:

You will land on the home screen of the router.
From the left menu, select Settings > Wi-Fi.
In the Main Wi-Fi Network section, find the Wi-Fi Network Name field.
Enter the new Wi-Fi Network Name in the given field.
Click on Apply.
The AT&T Wi-Fi Network will be changed and you will have to connect again from the previously connected devices as they will be disconnected from the network.
This is all based on a guestimate of how yours is likely to work. NO GUARANTEES. Let us know if this works for you.

Here's what the ATT Admin Login page will look like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ATTWiFiManager-1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	181531