Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Radio Volume Too High

I have a new to us '07 Voyage 35L. One minor issue we have is the volume of the in dash radio (magnadyne) and the radio in the outside entertainment center. In both cases when the radio is turned on the default volume setting is extremely loud. It immediately needs to be turned down when turned on.

It is a minor annoyance that I would like to find a cure for. Does anyone know of a way to get the "default" volume set any lower?
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Initial Volume Level
To program the Initial Volume Level, adjust the volume to the desired level, then press and hold the PWR button for more than 3 seconds. The next time the unit is turned on, the volume will be at this initial level.

This is what I had to do for my outside radio.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Gang,
I must be missing something here. I too have the Magnadyne (actually two, one out and one in, like you) But, what ever volume setting I leave it on when the power is shut off, it's that same volume setting when I turn it back on. I just tried it. I set it at 23 and played the radios for a few seconds. Then I shut it down with the power button. Then, when I turned it back on, it was at 23. I did it again at 19. And, when I turned the radio back on, it was at 19.

Is there something different about the Magnadyne models?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWHTRAINS View Post
Initial Volume Level

To program the Initial Volume Level, adjust the volume to the desired level, then press and hold the PWR button for more than 3 seconds. The next time the unit is turned on, the volume will be at this initial level.

This is what I had to do for my outside radio.
Thank you very much for the reply. I haven't found any mention of this in the manuals. I'll give your method a try and hope it works.

Unlike Fireup's radios mine always turn on at the higher volume. I've tried many times to turn it off at the lower volume and it always comes back at the higher level when I turn it on again. It's really loud, it will definately get your attention if you are not expecting it.

OK, I just gave it a try on both inside and outside radios. Doesn't work on mine! Guess I'll try sending an email to magnadyne and see if they have a solution.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

What model radio do you have? If you hold the power button for 10 seconds, you should get to system options, including startup volume setting.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #6

What model radios?

I have an Alpine that has the initial volume setup in the settings.. Right after the Gama.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #7

I have a Madnadyne M9900CDS in my Bounder. To change the initial volume setting per page 12 of the operators manual. Press and hold the volume knob until "Beep On" is displayed. Press the volume knob until "P-VOL" is displayed then rotate the volume to the desired level and wait a few seconds, the radio will return to normal display. I just verified mine works this way, others may vary.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
I have a Madnadyne M9900CDS in my Bounder. To change the initial volume setting per page 12 of the operators manual. Press and hold the volume knob until "Beep On" is displayed. Press the volume knob until "P-VOL" is displayed then rotate the volume to the desired level and wait a few seconds, the radio will return to normal display. I just verified mine works this way, others may vary.
Thank you Hipshot. Actually I have two Magnadyne radios. The in dash unit is a model M9900CDS, the outside radio is a model M3200CD. I'll be on my way outside to see if this works on mine. BRB!.............

THANK YOU! It worked on both radios. PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo Tom View Post
Thank you Hipshot. Actually I have two Magnadyne radios. The in dash unit is a model M9900CDS, the outside radio is a model M3200CD. I'll be on my way outside to see if this works on mine. BRB!.............

THANK YOU! It worked on both radios. PROBLEM SOLVED
Thank you for the followup. It feels so good to help a fellow RV'r or anyone for that matter. Often we do not know if our advice was helpfull or not. Thanks
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio