Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We all know how bad the design is on the
"Suround Sound System". What if I pluged in a wireless FM transmiter to the audio output on the TV and played the TV through the radio on FM? Does anyone think that it would sound as good as the radio sounds? Hudge difference between the quality of sound when I switch between radio and TV. Just trying to make a bad situation better.

03 Adventurer 35-U
Titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We all know how bad the design is on the
"Suround Sound System". What if I pluged in a wireless FM transmiter to the audio output on the TV and played the TV through the radio on FM? Does anyone think that it would sound as good as the radio sounds? Hudge difference between the quality of sound when I switch between radio and TV. Just trying to make a bad situation better.

03 Adventurer 35-U
Old 06-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I really haven't noticed a big difference between the TV & radio. They are both meodiocre

Try to 'tweak' the TV sound through the TV's sound menu. Play with different settings. It's not a great system as you suggest but it's okay.

The cure is to go to a real amplifier with digital input to the amp from sat receiver or DVD player.

John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Titanfan, I have been fighting the same problem, see my post "30V Q-Surround problem".
What you suggest will most likely sound better than what you have, but try using the DVD audio out jacks instead of the TV audio jacks. The Winne rep that look at my system refused to listen to it. I think they know they have a big problem. Winnebago agreed to pay the dealer to remove the TV so that I can re-wire the system. I'm going to put a simple pre-amp in between the DVD player and the Q-Surround box. Winne uses the audio driver in the TV to drive the Q-Surround input, not a very good idea. The radio-TV switch by-passes the Q-Surround amp when set to radio, so you will not get any surround sound affect, but it will most likely sound better and you'll be able to control the bass, treble and fade.
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I hope it does allow more use of the system. My radio sounds great. Good bass, good stereo sound. The only way I can tell if the TV is wking is to crank up the volume or put my ear up to the speaker. Also, no bass at all with the TV. I want to be able to rattle the walls if I desire to.

03 Adventurer 35-U
Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Titanfan:
I want to be able to rattle the walls if I desire to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll have to put a pre-amp between the DVD and Q-Surround. Or get a DVD player with a built-in amp. There are a lot of post on this subject.
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Titanfan: This may be a really dumb question, but when using the TV, did you move the surround sound switch from radio to TV? Mine is a rocker switch and is located in the side wall of the passenger side overhead cabinet.

If you're changing the switch position and you still can't hear your TV then the two most likely problems could be: 1) the audio connection from the TV to the surround sound amp has become disconnected, or 2) the radio/TV switch, or associated wiring is at fault.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I do know about the switch. I also tried hooking directlly to the DVD player. Souds great when it is hooked to the DVD, but you can not adjust the volume. Manufacture said that the problem is in the TV. I also tried the wireless FM transmitter. Problem was noise. I got a squel no mateter wht channel I tuned to. Net option is to replace TV with a better model.

03 Adventurer 35-U