Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

When I turn my laptop on (just laptop -- air card not inserted yet) the tv picture goes. Of course it happens the worse on the station we want to watch. Doesn't happen when we are connected to cable.
Also, we can not always get the same station in the bedroom we are watching in the living room. Blue screen.
Where to we check?

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

When I turn my laptop on (just laptop -- air card not inserted yet) the tv picture goes. Of course it happens the worse on the station we want to watch. Doesn't happen when we are connected to cable.
Also, we can not always get the same station in the bedroom we are watching in the living room. Blue screen.
Where to we check?

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ask one of your neighbors to bring their laptop into your coach to see if the same thing happens ...

Then you will know whether to start looking in your coach ... or at the laptop ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Make shure wifi is turned off or try different ac outlet
Old 03-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Its the second question C&C asks that intrigues me. We bought a 2008 Damon Challenger 377 in late January so we've only got 500 miles on it and I'm still in the "figuring it all out" stage. We warmed it up today and I tried all three TVs. After having each do a channel scan, I found the bedroom TV picked up a local channel that the dinette TV and lounge TV would not. Using just the Winegard antenna.

I'm curious.

Paul
Old 03-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

C&C,
When we watch local TV using the batwing antenna and our laptop is running the laptop causes interference on the TV screen. It's worse if watching a weak signal, but never has been so bad as to be more than just an annoyance.

As for the front and rear TVs - start by verifying the setting of the Selector Switch for each set. If watching cable, make certain Cable is selected for each TV.

Then, using each TV's remote, you must do a channel scan from the on screen menu.

Hope this helps some.

Oh, yeah. If using the batwing, don't forget to turn on the "TV Ant. Power" on the selector box.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doghowz3:
I found the bedroom TV picked up a local channel that the dinette TV and lounge TV would not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, I sometimes find the same thing.
I have some thoughts on this but no positive answers.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote