Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I have a 2004 Meridian. In the passenger's overhead compartment next to the Selector box there is a plastic plug with a white wire and a yellow wire attached to it, but the plug is just laying there not plugged into anything. Does anyone know what this is for and where it should be plugged into? I hate finding a wire's end that doesn't go anywhere. Any information greatly appreciated.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have a 2004 Meridian. In the passenger's overhead compartment next to the Selector box there is a plastic plug with a white wire and a yellow wire attached to it, but the plug is just laying there not plugged into anything. Does anyone know what this is for and where it should be plugged into? I hate finding a wire's end that doesn't go anywhere. Any information greatly appreciated.
Wagonmaster2
Old 04-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Oh yeh, I know there are wiring schemetics some place but I've never been very good reading these and understanding what I'm seeing.
Wagonmaster2
Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wagonmaster2:
Wagonmaster2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which model Meridian and what options are already installed?

I tried to look up the wiring diagrams however with out any model specific info this is a bit harder to accomplish.

It could be a prewired connector for a satelite dish or powered antenna option that you do not have yet.

More info please.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sounds like 12V DC for something.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hi,

I think the plug to which you are referring is for use by the 300 watt inverter that came standard in 2004 if you didn't order the 2,000 watt inverter which was mounted down below in the shore service compartment. It supplies 12 VDC to the inverter which is mounted in that compartment to service the TV and VCR players.

Carle McFarland, 2004 Journey 36G
Carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the replys. My Meridian is th 36G. I do have the 2,000 watt inverter, VCR/DVD player, but no power antenna or such. Sounds like the 300 watt inverter may be what would be there. Guess I don't have anything to worry about something missing. Thanks again.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 04-23-2007, 03:10 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Wagonmaster, I took out the front TV yesterday and found the same set of wires in our 02 Journey. I checked and as John Canfield indicated they are definately 12v. The white ground is the ground and yellow is hot. It is fed by the house batteries. Looks to me it could be there for a 12V TV as the wires are very heavy duty. Looks like they are 12 guage. Hope this helps.

Now if I can only find a LCD TV to fit!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

My '01 Suncruiser had a plug with large-guage white and yellow wires there that plugged into the 300-watt inverter.
john lipecki is offline   Reply With Quote